The Stripper Pole Is Too Much

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneVendetta

12-07-2012

downvotes are POURING. let the rain COME.

Veevos

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowstorms View Post
logged into forums solely to downvote this. grow some thicker skin, don't buy the skin or dont play. either way stfu and stop whining about how sensitive and offended you are.
I thought this was a public forum for people to post their opinions? ****, guess I was mistaken...

LostLaneWonGame

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
I'd actually have to say the cosplaying exposition from IPL5 is more detrimental to that goal. Not saying I didn't enjoy it, but I know a lot of people would very much look at it is a representation of a community of dorks.

Of course then I look at sports fans...
I know right.

They kicked off brolaf.

K4hid

12-07-2012

Why do people always have to get insult by stuff..

I mean, the thing is funny and bring something more to the skin. I'm just gonna laugh when I see it and not taking it personnal.

If you can't handle that kind of humor, that's pretty much a problem coming from you.

Oh and by the way, you know that Nidalee's dance does exactly the same ?

I guess the world still turn since it happens.

JagenBlitz

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runix View Post
That's the thing: you can actually make money without trying to make a cheap buck off of immature teenage boys. Who do you think makes more money: a Hollywood studio that makes movies for a general audience, or a sleazy operation that makes direct-to-video sleaze-fests for men?
If every skin that Riot released was "sleazy" and the game didn't have any, well, gameplay then that might make sense.

Quote:
There's a reason every actor and director aspires to be making money for Hollywood rather than late-night cable.
You're comparing character skins in a video game with late-night cable? Wtf?

Quote:
In fact, the only question is why someone would make sleaze-fests in the first place given how little they make,
How do you know "sleazy" character skins make less? You're comparing apples and penguins. Your comparison to late-night cable is actually less than worthless.

Quote:
Asking some "actors" to take off their clothes is easy and cheap, and you can make a few bucks off of it, guaranteed.
. . . . .

Quote:
Making a blockbuster that appeals to a wide audience is expensive and risky - but the rewards are far greater.
These are CHARACTER SKINS. You pick a popular champ and make a decent skin for him. Why do you think Trundle and Urgot have almost no skins while Teemo has like 50? It's not rocket science.

Quote:
The problem is, Riot is looking a lot more like Hot Times Productions than it is like Pixar. Rather than take a chance and invest in good design - which could fail big or pay off big - they're going for quick-and-easy fanservice that they know will sell at least a minimum amount.

The shame is, Riot actually does have talented designers, and they have, in the past, delivered some interesting designs. I have the distinct feeling that the stale sexytimes Champions and skins are more the product of orders from management than the creative minds of the designers. But just like in the movies, when management takes over, derivative trash is more than often the result, and that's what we're getting now.
Yeah totally. Arclight Varus. Eternum Nocturne. Bad Santa Veigar. Vi. Snow Day Ziggs. Such stale, derivative trash.

The Velvet Room

12-07-2012

After seeing the statements Riot made to trying to diversify their view on the status quo of champions, Xmas Kat's recall animation seems like more of a step backward than a step forward. Although the pole isn't my main reson for not buying the skin, it's the overall design in general. Honestly, whoever is responsible for that hair color needs to make a public apology.

Calys Teneb

12-07-2012

I'd like to point out that I hadn't even heard of this skin until the OP threw his righteous fit.

It's like how a bunch of Christians protest a movie that's borderline sleazy, then generate more press for it than it would have ever gotten otherwise from the controversy.

Veevos

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horasu View Post
If you guys truly care about women, you would accept candy cane Katarina and not indirectly shame pole dancers everywhere. What you guys are doing is very sexist.
I'm not fighting for women's rights. I just think it's overly tacky and I would prefer to not have it in the game.

Delicious Smores

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLaneWonGame View Post
I know right.

They kicked off brolaf.
Strangely, I think that might be the most immediately accepted of the bunch, maybe moreso than the smexy females.

HongWeiLo

12-07-2012

I'm married. My wife's awesome. Pole dancing as an exercise is pretty damn awesome. It sure beats Zumba. Also, I don't really see a problem with oversexualized cartoon pixels. If children were playing this I'd be worried about the community, not their proximity to teen images. People just want something to point out and say "that's not right" but the only thing wrong with League is the community. That's just how it is.