The Stripper Pole Is Too Much

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Candidumbra

12-07-2012

I think you need to lighten up a bit, OP.

Although I will say, Riot's catering to the sexually frustrated male is kind of annoying and actually kept me away from the game for quite a while. Wasn't until I saw there was in fact substance in the game itself that I came around. Picked Diana as my first champ though cause she actually wears full armor for a change.

So yeah, in the case of a holiday skin I think the sexy look is just fine, fits well. I just wish it wasn't a look used EVERYWHERE in the game and Riot made more practical (female) skins/champions.

Veevos

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runix View Post
Nidalee's dance has been around for a long time (since launch?). The issue is, the designers have been talking about how they've been hearing complaints about female images in the game and they're taking a new direction, etc. Well, that's hard to believe when they release a new skin with a pole-dancing animation, and seems to indicate that they have no interest in moving away from depicting women as nothing but eye candy, and are saying what they're saying just to get people to shut up.
Agreed.

thumbnail9

12-07-2012

That skin really doesn't look very good at all even without the pole. I'm sure the splash art will look just dandy but in game that skin is kinda gross.

Horasu

12-07-2012

Gonna jump in here to put in my 2 cents.

Strippers are not synonymous with pole dancers. Pole dancing is not as sexual as people like to believe. My ex took up pole dancing because it is a great exercise that develops all the right areas of your body as well as enhancing your balance. It's a great recreational activity and courses for it are offered everywhere just like karate.

Now regarding the attitude of pole dancing in general, this one ought to perk up the ears of our "social justice" activists in this forum. If you're fighting for equality for women, then do you know what "sl.ut shaming" is? It's labeling, discriminating, and degrading a woman for engaging in what society deems to be a "sexual" activity. If you guys truly care about women, you would accept candy cane Katarina and not indirectly shame pole dancers everywhere. What you guys are doing is very sexist.

Krimson62

12-07-2012

Inb4 someone having a hand fetish and jacking to Vi

Veevos

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedali View Post
It should be noted also that these skins aren't just for men. Riot has said that the most popular champions among women are Miss Fortune and Sona. I'm sure some people will get their feathers ruffled over saying this, but fact is, most women like playing as skanky, top heavy characters.
The "most" women generalization is probably not true, but I'll grant you that some women do.

Shadowstorms

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veevos View Post
First off, I'm a guy. I've been playing League for 2 years, and I've mained Katarina most of that time, so any skins that come out for Kat, I'm all over them.

Except this Xmas Katarina skin.

I don't care that she's dressed like a hooker, I don't care that she has a tacky hair color (IMHO). But the stripper pole? C'mon, Riot. That is WAY over the top. Until now, the sexy skins have been plentiful but somewhat tame, and this one is just a bit too much. I will happily buy this skin if (AND ONLY IF) they take out the stripper pole recall animation. There's no reason for it at all. The skin can stand on it's own apart from that.

Let's show Riot that there is a point where it becomes too raunchy. A significant amount of sexy is acceptable, but lets keep these Trampion skins to a minimum.

- Veevos
logged into forums solely to downvote this. grow some thicker skin, don't buy the skin or dont play. either way stfu and stop whining about how sensitive and offended you are.

Grognak The Barb

12-07-2012

www.hahgay.com

Jgrhymes

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runix View Post
This. It's obviously yet another in a long line of "for the entertainment of our teenage boy audience" skins, so it's ridiculous to assert that it's all about women's rights or exercise.

Frankly, I think I've about had it with Riot's attitude toward women. I've spent a significant amount of money on this game, but when paying customers complain about the way that women are depicted, it's nothing but nice-sounding things about how they want a variety in design, then more skins with scantily-clad females dancing and talking in very suggestive ways.

If Riot wants to keep designing the game for insecure teenage boys, go for it, I'll take my money elsewhere.
Your message was lost in the overwhelming self importance of this post.

Veevos

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candidumbra View Post
I just wish it wasn't a look used EVERYWHERE in the game and Riot made more practical (female) skins/champions.
That's all I'm saying. Make some bad ass skins for the female champs. Give them something you'd actually wear into battle.