The Stripper Pole Is Too Much

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bekkal

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veevos View Post
Totally understandable, and I agree. There is a lot of content on television that is WAY worse than this. The thing is that Riot is trying to build a professional brand around League and really make eSports a household name. They've got a tough road ahead, and this type of skin will not exactly help them be taken seriously.
Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders definitely make people not take football seriously, amirite.

universe within

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drukyul View Post
Exotic danging is a legitimate occupation. Ridiculing that (or hooking, for that matter) is denying women agency. Why do you hate women, OP?
This. The OP wants to tell women what they can and cannot do. He wants power over women so he can tell them where they are allowed to work. Pathetic.

StriderXplosive

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubakixv View Post
Actually we don't know if it will have animations because it isn't even on PBE yet even then it could still be incomplete for all we know. Like Arclight Varus for example when he first went on PBE. I for one hope her animations and particles get some love since none of her skins seem to do so.
True true they kind of been doing that lately, adding particles closer to release.

Veevos

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedali View Post
Mmm, to be fair, I don't think you can pull the 'professionalism' card here. Professional sports have been putting scantily clad women on display to attract men for quite a long time now. At this point, it's as much a part of professional sport as the athletes themselves.
Totally right. But the NFL and NBA are deeply engrained in our culture now, so they can do whatever they wan. League is trying to sneak it's way in and make a name for itself, and people are going to look very skeptically at it for a while. The less cannon fodder people have to call it unprofessional, the better.

LordFeint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
First off, I'm a guy. I've been playing League for 2 years, and I've mained Katarina most of that time, so any skins that come out for Kat, I'm all over them.

Except this Xmas Katarina skin.

I don't care that she's dressed like a hooker, I don't care that she has a tacky hair color (IMHO). But the stripper pole? C'mon, Riot. That is WAY over the top. Until now, the sexy skins have been plentiful but somewhat tame, and this one is just a bit too much. I will happily buy this skin if (AND ONLY IF) they take out the stripper pole recall animation. There's no reason for it at all. The skin can stand on it's own apart from that.

Let's show Riot that there is a point where it becomes too raunchy. A significant amount of sexy is acceptable, but lets keep these Trampion skins to a minimum.

- Veevos
I'm sure Riot will take it out just to cater to you.

Hahahaha!!!! Or not.

Dr W

12-07-2012

Quote:
First off, I'm a guy. - Veevos

Do you even lift?

Runix

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logios View Post
The thing preventing them from making sexy male skins is the fact they wouldn't sale well. OMG HOW DARE A COMPANY MAKE DECISIONS BASIC OFF MAKING MONEY!!!!!!
That's the thing: you can actually make money without trying to make a cheap buck off of immature teenage boys. Who do you think makes more money: a Hollywood studio that makes movies for a general audience, or a sleazy operation that makes direct-to-video sleaze-fests for men? There's a reason every actor and director aspires to be making money for Hollywood rather than late-night cable.

In fact, the only question is why someone would make sleaze-fests in the first place given how little they make, and the answer is: because it's easy. Asking some "actors" to take off their clothes is easy and cheap, and you can make a few bucks off of it, guaranteed. Making a blockbuster that appeals to a wide audience is expensive and risky - but the rewards are far greater.

The problem is, Riot is looking a lot more like Hot Times Productions than it is like Pixar. Rather than take a chance and invest in good design - which could fail big or pay off big - they're going for quick-and-easy fanservice that they know will sell at least a minimum amount.

The shame is, Riot actually does have talented designers, and they have, in the past, delivered some interesting designs. I have the distinct feeling that the stale sexytimes Champions and skins are more the product of orders from management than the creative minds of the designers. But just like in the movies, when management takes over, derivative trash is more than often the result, and that's what we're getting now.

Veevos

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFeint View Post
I'm sure Riot will take it out just to cater to you.

Hahahaha!!!! Or not.
Maybe... just maybe, I'm not the only person who feels this way? I'm just voicing my opinion, what they do is their prerogative.

universe within

12-07-2012

Quote:
Maybe... just maybe, I'm not the only person who feels this way? I'm just voicing my opinion, what they do is their prerogative.
Maybe you should stop judging women and calling them tramps because they are doing something you don't like.

Nhero

12-07-2012

Well, it's a lil' too much to be honest but it's not THAT bad.
Just...it's a lil too much but nothing for me to go over the top for.