The Stripper Pole Is Too Much

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsubakixv

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StriderXplosive View Post
It's kind of a little over the top tbh. I'm 26 and a dude and I feel they went a little overboard. Aside from that the skin is trash anyways. No animations except for the pole recall.
Actually we don't know if it will have animations because it isn't even on PBE yet even then it could still be incomplete for all we know. Like Arclight Varus for example when he first went on PBE. I for one hope her animations and particles get some love since none of her skins seem to do so.

Veevos

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
https://www.google.com/search?q=NFL+...w=1920&bih=955

Not to mention that this Kat Pole thing pales compared to some of the raunchier humor seen in things like How I Met Your Mother.
Totally understandable, and I agree. There is a lot of content on television that is WAY worse than this. The thing is that Riot is trying to build a professional brand around League and really make eSports a household name. They've got a tough road ahead, and this type of skin will not exactly help them be taken seriously.

Noxctis

12-07-2012

it's an effing game! you ***.grow some balls and play the game.

Veevos

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDancingDead View Post
No, the stripper pole is fine.

Stop being a feminist hero, it's not going to get you any hawt innerwebz gfs. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Period.
Not being a feminist hero. I just don't want to feel like a scumbag for buying a skin for my favorite champion. Simple as that.

Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

looks like just a magical and delicious candy cane to me that is full of holiday cheer.. am i missing something?

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veevos View Post
Not being a feminist hero. I just don't want to feel like a scumbag for buying a skin for my favorite champion. Simple as that.
I don't get why you would feel like a scumbag, this "oversexualization" drama is hilarious.

LittleMewMew

12-07-2012

It's an ugly skin IMO, but to each their own. I'll just stick with Pirate Katarina, she's a real bad a-word
Though... Kat usually is one of their outlets for skins of that kind of taste. I'm just glad Pirate Kat is actually kinda kewell instead of.. that >.>

Kedali

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veevos View Post
Totally understandable, and I agree. There is a lot of content on television that is WAY worse than this. The thing is that Riot is trying to build a professional brand around League and really make eSports a household name. They've got a tough road ahead, and this type of skin will not exactly help them be taken seriously.
Mmm, to be fair, I don't think you can pull the 'professionalism' card here. Professional sports have been putting scantily clad women on display to attract men for quite a long time now. At this point, it's as much a part of professional sport as the athletes themselves.

I think the animation is dumb, and it's probably the lowest Riot's brow has ever gone, but I don't think there's much moral ground to stand against it.

Rashidas

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComanderMolander View Post
meanwhile in Nidalee's dance...
Don't forget her mating season line

Joshthor

12-07-2012

...why do people sign their names on forums when their names show up to the left of their posts?