Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ancro

12-07-2012

I was pretty proud of Riot for making some progress and theeeeennnnn THIS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=iegBQUjAv-k

Keep working on it, Riot.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-07-2012
41 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Samurai View Post
Stylus has actually apologized about her design to us in the past.
I'll hopefully be able to do better than just apologize.

KT Samurai

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerin View Post
Ha....that is *exactly* what I thought when I saw her new art. Otherwise, it's fantastic, but she came down with a bad case of Vixen Spine.

I don't imagine Vi will have this problem, but I'll still say I hope she doesn't have the super arched back in her splash art.
Gotta admit I'm a tiny bit worried about this, too. Her pose in the portraits could easily counteract a lot of the awesomeness going on in her deisgn.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-07-2012
42 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Gotta admit I'm a tiny bit worried about this, too. Her pose in the portraits could easily counteract a lot of the awesomeness going on in her deisgn.
Her splash art will be fine. She's fine. Everything is fine.

..I need a snack.

KT Samurai

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You need to stop teasing us, man. D:

I've heard that a full armor Sejuani skin is in the works but the wait has been excruciating. I suspect you guys might be timing it to go along with her rumored touch-ups/QoL improvements/re-work, and that isn't supposed to happen until like next year sometime.

Wytsfs

12-07-2012

Quote:
How does it not? It's textbook exploitation. Battle Bunny Riven completely undermines her otherwise perfectly awesome character.
Because she never canonically wore it? Do you seriously believe that Riot adding a full plate skin for her, or for any other character for that matter, would add anything to their characterization? Skins are just cosmetic bull****. All of them.

thenewzero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
How does it not? It's textbook exploitation. Battle Bunny Riven completely undermines her otherwise perfectly awesome character.
I...actually think skins are a great way to provide a different take on a character, particularly in the sexy vs. non-sexy area.

The problem isn't that an oversexualized skin for a non-sexualized champion exists. It's the there aren't really very many non-sexualized skins for oversexualized champions. If the road went both ways, I think there wouldn't be as much of an issue.

For instance, I would love a Kat skin that ditched the midriff and mega cleavage in favor of of a more covered look, maybe going for an assassin's creed Ezio-type look. I know my friend loves the Holiday Sona skin because it doesn't look like her boobs are attempting to break free from her and take over the world.

It would also be nice if they maybe added some more sexualized male skins (come on, Unprepared Garen!). I think it's a great avenue for them to provide either a more conservative style, or a more provocative style.

Super Explosion

12-07-2012

Quote:
S-Sejuani rework, in the works?

Though, this does maintain Iron Stylus as the reigning Leaks-From-Riot champion.

coffee addict

12-07-2012

Quote:
As I've said time and time again, the right treatment for the right champion. We iterate, we take feedback, we learn, we incorporate =)
Oh right

A spider with huge boobs

A fish with huge boobs that even has skin peeling off to display them

Right... whatever you say man

DrTemptragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Quote:
Except it doesn't, any more than Firefighter Tristana undermines hers. Riven isn't based around not having sexual appeal. Sexual appeal just doesn't make sense for her character to be defaulted with. Firefighter Tristana (for example) makes way less sense; she's about blowing stuff up, but that skin is themed around putting out fires.

Treating sexual appeal as a theme seperate from every other aspect of the character is what got us into this every-female-in-media-must-be-super-sexualised mess in the first place. It's just one aspect. To say Battle Bunny Riven completely undermines her character is gross exaggeration.