So, gold value on lane minions didn't get nerfed, it got a buff

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chaser676

12-07-2012

bump

Malgana

12-07-2012

This makes me a sad panda.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

12-07-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

You could bump this thread more - or you could actually look up how gold scaling on minions actually works from a lot of helpful people who've taken the time to write full analysis articles on it. There have been many terrific articles written analyzing the gold breakdown using the actual numbers from PBE/Live.

You're interpreting the patch notes wrong and that's probably fair given that the patch note specifically is a little unclear. While gold scaling intervals have been shifted to 90 second from 180 seconds - the gold increase on a per minute basis hasn't changed. It just updates more quickly.

Tramble

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

Hey Xypherous, what do you think about the new jungle now that people have been playing it a bit? So far it seems like by the time the gold value gets high enough to be worth farming, the laners are strong enough to start taking it all.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

12-07-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Hey Xypherous, what do you think about the new jungle now that people have been playing it a bit? So far it seems like by the time the gold value gets high enough to be worth farming, the laners are strong enough to start taking it all.
I haven't gathered my thoughts on the jungle yet - but for me, if someone came into my lane and took half or a third of my farm - I'm probably going to be behind in gold, regardless of which lane I'm in.

But then if my team is poaching the jungle and making the call of concentrating the gold into the lanes and not the jungler - it's the teams choice, in the end.

Sagovirus

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
You could bump this thread more - or you could actually look up how gold scaling on minions actually works from a lot of helpful people who've taken the time to write full analysis articles on it. There have been many terrific articles written analyzing the gold breakdown using the actual numbers from PBE/Live.

You're interpreting the patch notes wrong and that's probably fair given that the patch note specifically is a little unclear. While gold scaling intervals have been shifted to 90 second from 180 seconds - the gold increase on a per minute basis hasn't changed. It just updates more quickly.
Except those same people have already proved that lane gold was only lowered for PERFECT farming, everything else, as long as you get the gold from the big creep every 2/3 waves you come ahead.....

And compared to the jungle it's pathetic how much gold lane get. :/
Jungle takes 50+% longer, yield less gold overall, and when it starts to be more gold/clear (that you take twice as many time to make btw), laners take it all.

Not counting the fact that laners have more items and kill things faster than you do in the jungle from before 10 mins already. Great job as usual Riot.

Patient 0

12-07-2012

Can we just go back to the season one jungle

tata4now

12-07-2012

Quote:
I haven't gathered my thoughts on the jungle yet - but for me, if someone came into my lane and took half or a third of my farm - I'm probably going to be behind in gold, regardless of which lane I'm in.

But then if my team is poaching the jungle and making the call of concentrating the gold into the lanes and not the jungler - it's the teams choice, in the end.
Please I would like to see Reds stop vocalizing this idea to the community, especially those who don't jungle and do not already know. Many tests have already showed that with no one else in the game after 20 and 30 mins junglers still have less overall gold than in S2 which was already low. I ask to please stop spreading this idea that it's entirely meta based because at the moment it's not true and there is a relatively small section of the community that mains jungle as opposed to laners. We are trying to get the changes necessary to make the game fun for us again but Rioters have been putting it off to team decisions since S2 and junglers like me are losing hope that it will ever get any better.

Thank you for reading the PSA. Please help junglers become a fun position again

Dreampod

12-07-2012

Quote:

One important thing to bear in mind is that it is only a team choice in premades. In a solo ranked or normals (what the vast majority of the population plays) people just take it because it is available and they can't farm their lane at that precise moment and they are bored and want items. If the solution involves a social change rather than a mechanics one than frankly junglers are going to starve forever because there are enough greedy non-team players (see the fighting over the roles that actually get farm) out there to ruin it and make it a non universal which in turn will result in more poaching.

The best solution I can come up with (described as brutish, inelegant, and effective elsewhere) would be to have the Smite mastery or an extra passive on Machete (since we are forced to take it to jungle) grant an extra 30% gold on monster kills. That increases how optimal letting the jungler take the jungle is (a social approach) and ensures that even when they are getting poached that they are pulling in more gold too and since it scales with the gold increases it should avoid giving them too much early gold.

Beaumains

12-08-2012

Hey Xypherous, could you highlight some of those analyses you think are on the right track?