Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrTemptragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
Where is the prove that they aren't inferior?
It's a very real possibility.
Taste is subjective; how can it be inferior? Is that even possible?

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
She got her name from the VI tattoo on her face. She never gave anyone her name, so her old criminal crew called her after the one distinguishing feature she had.

I'll leave you to ponder whether or not she has an actual given name, and where/when she got the VI mark.
Obviously she is Jarvan VI, the second illegitimate child of Jarvan IV.

This also means there's a Jarvan V out there somewhere.

Firellius

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
As I've said time and time again, the right treatment for the right champion. We iterate, we take feedback, we learn, we incorporate =)
Ironstylus?

Would you mind taking this feedback on creating a sexualised male champion or skin?

You had something going with Arclight Varus, the model is really sexy, but then the splash art is thirteen in a dozen "GRR Imma kill ya". It's not just the looks, it's the presentation as well. I want to have a male champion or skin with splash art that looks like he's out to seduce, like with Candy Cane MF and Kitty Katarina.

Edgar Allen Pwn

12-06-2012

You guys are so great. Coming into this thread way after hours and immediately discussing the positives and negatives from the whole GD before the champion is even released is great. I love hearing all the design philosophies and reasoning behind your decision making. This is why I love this game and this is why I love Riot. Keep up the baller status.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-06-2012
33 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
imo, I don't think it's as repetitive as you make it sound.

Rather just really poorly ordered releases.

Take Syndra for example. I know that whoever designed her was trying to go for an "adult Midna" look, but she came out looking like Diana's Dark Valkyrie skin, and people were quick to point that out, and I take it that was the main reason why Dark Valkyrie Diana's headgear was also removed because even you guys noticed it too.

If Syndra traded place with either Jayce or Draven in their release order, people wouldn't even notice the similarity though.

I mean, look at Zed's Stormshadow Skin, it's literally a white coloured Shen, yet nobody notices it. But if you had released Zed immediately after Shen, people would definitely point that out.
Yup, cadence. You got it.

Wytsfs

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
No problem. I jumped into this gig pretty much knowing I'd at times be dealing with arguments that lacked context, were looking at the micro rather than the macro, and generally critical feedback. I'm totally cool with it, whatever the flavor. I look forward to engaging with people. Hell, I had virtually nothing to do with Vi, but I want to absorb the feedback and see what's actionable.

Can't talk about roster specifically unfortunately. We are exploring more creature champs as per usual though.
I put any influence I have behind a velociraptor theme for the next female creature champ.

Kchaosrei

12-06-2012

way to many people harp this women looking thing. And roit gives way to much credit to these threads by showing up and making comments.

i would -1 to every one of the roit posts but way to lazy. I wish riot would work on something more worth while than giving credit to such a disfunctional group of people.

Daemon

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAngels View Post
Obviously she is Jarvan VI, the second illegitimate child of Jarvan IV.

This also means there's a Jarvan V out there somewhere.
J4+Vi lane bot OP.
Calling it now.

Also, can any of the reds here explain the tea cup that is showing up in model viewers?

Ginga

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluntRhino View Post
So why doesn't Sejuani have a Korra like build?
1) Korra isn't very muscular. Not princess-fair armed, but definitely not that muscular. She's "tight" you can say, and the animators chose to emphasis her strength here and again. But you'll always notice a scene or two where she looks particularly less "buff" than some of the images of her shows.

2) Look closer at Sejuani, all you can see is a small part of her right arm carrying the flail, but that's more than a lot of women in real life already. In fact, her overall physique is slightly bigger than most women in real life...........normal non-obese women that is.

Harrow

Associate Creative Designer

12-06-2012
34 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayketh View Post
@IronStylus:

So how is her name pronounced? Obviously her tattoo is that of a Roman numeral, but I'm guessing her name isn't 6. Is it "Vee" or "Vy"?

Loving her by the way, instant buy. She looks sharp and her abilities seem rewarding (at least in appearance!)
Vi rhymes with die.