Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StationaryObject

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koelof View Post
Uh, C/D is average in the US.
In the US....
Also, can I see where you getting your data from? I wouldn't mind actually checking out the stats.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-06-2012

Parrot, why are you making a row of female champions, and why aren't they as hot as previous ones?

I mean I'm not hating on the fact that new champs aren't so sexualized but sexy is fun. There needs to be a balance, and wouldn't you as an artist agree?

Things I've been noticing are:

A lot of female champs in a row (I heard the one after Vi is gonna be female too)

So far, they aren't sexy in the general sense (Nami is a fish, Vi is fully armored)

Not only am I feeling forgotten about as a male, but the lack of the new champs being hot (in the most widely appreciated way) is putting me down.

Byrnes

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
So, can we get something like Korra some day? Rive is close but not up there, I want to see something feminine but physically strong.
A bending champion would be so epic. I know you meant body type, but can you image an Avatar in this game?

Rauron

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
In that giant oversexualization thread, he mentioned a female barbarian he was working on.
He mentions a lot of things. Then we get Zyra, Elise, Syndra, Nami, even Vi from the pure "thin body silhouette" perspective... The proof is in the pudding, and he knows it. Hell, it seems like he's very fine with that fact. I'm saying that the pudding isn't looking very tasty yet.

That being said, Vi looks -great- from the not-too-sexualized point of view. Yeah, her body type is overdone, but otherwise she's fantastic~

Prince Kassad

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynfall View Post
Parrot, why are you making a row of female champions, and why aren't they as hot as previous ones?

I mean I'm not hating on the fact that new champs aren't so sexualized but sexy is fun. There needs to be a balance, and wouldn't you as an artist agree?

A lot of female champs in a row (I heard the one after Vi is gonna be female too)

So far, they aren't sexy in the general sense (Nami is a fish, Vi is fully armored)

Not only am I feeling forgotten about as a male, but the lack of the new champs being hot (in the most widely appreciated way) is putting me down.
Meanwhile, they just released a candy cane pole-dance Katarina skin... I think you'll be ok.

Redeemed In Fire

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynfall View Post

Not sure if joking...

Elise, Syndra, Zyra, Nami (she sure as hell counts, with that world record for lowest cut top style), and Sejuani are all sexy. How is one well-covered female forgetting about males?

Daemon

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeapingLion View Post
In the US....
Also, can I see where you getting your data from? I wouldn't mind actually checking out the stats.
D is the average size. However, obesity is an issue in the United States, so obese women are skewing the charts. I was always told that 36C is the average for an average-sized woman.
I am female, so it's not weird or creepy that I know that.

Krampus Claus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Good work riot, Vi is beautiful as is, Riven is now 2nd place on my list of hottest league champs.

Insta buy on release <3

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-06-2012
24 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Her waist looks uncomfortably cinched, lol.

You make a good point. Korra has muscles because she has to. She is the Avatar and it's her job to kick ass using physical abilities. Vi, on the other hand, has the magic of the gauntlets that allowed her to use them when she was 6, meaning that they aren't heavy at all to her. If Vi were a female Lee Sin, it'd be reasonable to call Riot out on it.

I've played her on PBE and like the Parrot said...you really cannot tell in-game because the top-down view makes her look bulky.
Yup, that's the key. Basically, you have to disregard the model viewer. That's not how our product is presented. We're focused on a top down, 3/4's read. That view is everything. You can push a lot more things in first-person camera than in an RTS and have them feel impactful. That's why analogies to our game when some examples from other games are presented are a bit apples-to-oranges. All proportions, anatomy, design elements, etc, compress and foreshorten. The straight up asset is the final product out of context. Context is everything. Context constrains or enables the decisions.

ecstaSTEVE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

pretty sure 34-36c is avg boobie size, could be wrong

edit: this is the third damn time in this thread i've been under parrot post...