Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Nothing is wrong with Korra-like muscles. They're great for Korra. You wouldn't notice much difference in-game if we bulked her up due to the game angle. Game angle causes foreshortening, foreshortening causes compression. With the essentially icon-sized real estate that the champions end up with you'd have to push proportions severely to make noticeable difference. It's a matter of smart use. That wouldn't really be the best use of that choice in this particular case.

It might seem logical from an artistic standpoint to bulk her up, but from a game-centric view such bulking up would serve a different character better. She's served appropriately by the gauntlets, those are the big reads. Heavy emphasis on bulkier muscle anatomy or even a sturdy build wouldn't be a significant enough pay-off and might even clump up the silhouette.

A more hefty build would suit a character which has more exposed anatomy, not a body covered in large reads like the gauntlets or other types of armor.
So, can we get something like Korra some day? Rive is close but not up there, I want to see something feminine but physically strong.

StationaryObject

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theridin View Post
I'm afraid I have to disagree. Strongly
Same. I like the hair length. It ties in with the character very well.
Long flowing hair just wouldn't work as well. The short hair is just perfect.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-06-2012
22 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Kassad View Post
Good point. I'm just impatient. You know, the whole "want more diversity nao" thing. :P
We all want it. It's rolling out as you can see. Long, hard discussions have been had, feedback has been taken, voices have been raised. Slowly, slowly, the gears turn. The pendulum swings.

Avalon Bright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
Nami's are in no way small or average.
Nor are Fiora or Riven's.
Yeah they really are. Nami's in particular are probably the smallest we've seen besides Annie <_<

Koelof

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
Nami's are in no way small or average.
Nor are Fiora or Riven's.
Leona's are pretty big too.

So we have up to 3 women that don't have big ones.
Uh, C/D is average in the US.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-06-2012
23 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
So, can we get something like Korra some day? Rive is close but not up there, I want to see something feminine but physically strong.
I don't see why not.

ecstaSTEVE

12-06-2012

Quote:
Nope. At home. Could be watching the Daily Show but I wanted to get early takes on Vi and intercept this sort of discussion to provide insight, context and take feedback.
chris christie didn't say anything interesting, he was only trying to defend his position with requesting fed monies for restabilizing nj, while voting 'no' on whatever the president said last last week.

Daemon

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
And you're being hyperbolic now. She's a fair bit thicker than a lot of women in real life already.

Next, look at her outfit. Korra isn't exactly that buff, Vi could easily be buffer than Korra underneath her suit, or she could be thinner, or the same. But either way, why would you compare the girl born and raised in a pseudo-high tech city with an overactive tomboy martial artist?

Her waist looks uncomfortably cinched, lol.

You make a good point. Korra has muscles because she has to. She is the Avatar and it's her job to kick ass using physical abilities. Vi, on the other hand, has the magic of the gauntlets that allowed her to use them when she was 6, meaning that they aren't heavy at all to her. If Vi were a female Lee Sin, it'd be reasonable to call Riot out on it.

I've played her on PBE and like the Parrot said...you really cannot tell in-game because the top-down view makes her look bulky.

Endertome

12-06-2012

Quote:
We all want it. It's rolling out as you can see. Long, hard discussions have been had, feedback has been taken, voices have been raised. Slowly, slowly, the gears turn. The pendulum swings.
Why is it I'm picturing you saying this while obscured in shadows, looking out a window at the night sky while your impatient apprentice waits behind you on one knee.

Redeemed In Fire

12-06-2012

Quote:
Yes. They're similar. Conforming outfit on a fairly similar body type.
But not even that; it's the low cut top, large stomach window, side skin windows, i think both have an above-the-butt skin window, large shoulder pieces, and long gauntlets. You guys changed DV Diana's headpiece because it was too close to syndra, then make Elise which is frighteningly close to a DV diana outfit clone?