Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerocaliber View Post
That is the whole point. She is a warrior who doesn't let her gender define herself as a character. She may be beautiful, but that is secondary to everything her character represents.
What defines her as a character is the fact that she's a crazy over-zealous angel.

All the other characters don't let their gender define their character, it wouldn't be that way with Kayle.

One of the mark of good character design is making the character immediately identifiable.

Notalent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
Still has big breasts.
Getting seriously old.
Straw Feminism, super strong.

Most women in the United States average around a C Cup.

Wytsfs

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
I do not like how thin she is, she lack muscle, that's something I want you to incorporate in a female champ.
That's something I'd like them to incorporate into Nidalee.

Zerocaliber

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingFrostbite View Post
You mean the fact that she seems like a tomboy? Sure, she has that. But, the title of your thread is about over-sexualized female characters not the lack of the tomboyish ones.
That was never the entire extend of the argument. It was that not every female character should be oversexualized and that we should have greater diversity in the female design. To many female champions play to more of the succubus archetype.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-06-2012
8 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabro View Post
I'm glad you all enjoy Vi's visual direction and theme. To echo the Parrot, we do listen, learn and iterate.
The Champ Team has been working hard to up our variety in both art and mechanical design. We're just getting started....next year's line up is looking pretty wild!
Ohai, Pabro!

Morisanzo

12-06-2012

She gives off a very roller derby vibe, which I absolutely dig, just out of curiosity was this an actual influence on her style?

Also: Nami who?

StationaryObject

12-06-2012

I'm incredibly pleased with this champion.
I can only hope that Riot will keep her as she is and not add in any 'sexy' skins.

Spectre4802

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
Still has big breasts.
Getting seriously old.
So long as their not MF/Sona big, I don't see the problem.

And so long as she's sufficiently kickass, I certainly don't see the problem. A woman who punches things the **** out with massive gauntlets? And you're thinking about her breasts?

Perhaps it's this kind of thinking that's ultimately the problem.

Damiya

Technical Analyst

12-06-2012
9 of 42 Riot Posts

Normally I wouldn't throw my two bits in on something like this, but I think the Champ team really brought this one home. I've been pretty excited to see her rolled out to the public, and from a visual and thematic perspective it's awesome to see a girl who kicks so much butt and does it in a rough and tumble way.

Kudos to everyone who made her happen, from the awesome concept art all the way up to the finished product. Glad to see I'm not the only one that digs her!

Durendal

12-06-2012

Please, oh please, don't listen to people complaining about the short hair. Vi is looking awesome, and the more variety on champs the better.