Finally, A Non-Oversexualized "Cool" Female Champ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
I can agree with Shyvanna, Lux, and Leona....

...but I can't agree with Kayle. I literally thought she was a male until I played her for myself. You can't even identify her gender until she takes off her helmet or says something. The whole Samus Aran thing is bad design, especially considering she's not exactly supposed to be a tomboy.
Man I LOVE that Kayle's gender isn't immediately identifiable. There's actually a note in her lore that she keeps herself ambiguous because--being an angel--she is astonishingly beautiful and doesn't want the attention it gets her.

The whole Samus Aran thing is great if it's not overdone. And since Kayle is the only champion who's like this...It's fine, and great.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-06-2012
5 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
Really? Then why continue to shy away from Nami discussion?
The discussion I've had multiple times in the last 2 weeks?

Good Vi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

I'm just happy I have a champ named after me. But now it looks like I have to get a RP card so I can get her bundle...why must you do this to me Riot...
EDIT: Posting under the Parrot Overlord

Tenmar

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
As I've said time and time again, the right treatment for the right champion. We iterate, we take feedback, we learn, we incorporate =)
And you copy other games!

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Mira_Han

And you copy other comic books!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Chasers

How does it feel that Vi is a completely cliche character that has been done to death?

Pabro

Events Broducer

12-06-2012
6 of 42 Riot Posts

I'm glad you all enjoy Vi's visual direction and theme. To echo the Parrot, we do listen, learn and iterate.
The Champ Team has been working hard to up our variety in both art and mechanical design. We're just getting started....next year's line up is looking pretty wild!

tempnameA461

12-06-2012

Still has big breasts.
Getting seriously old.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
As I've said time and time again, the right treatment for the right champion. We iterate, we take feedback, we learn, we incorporate =)
I do not like how thin she is, she lack muscle, that's something I want you to incorporate in a female champ.

For me (personal opinion) Vi feel weak visually, like Ez in therms of muscle mass, which is quite silly considering the massive gauntlets and play style.

FlamingFrostbite

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerocaliber View Post
I have always acknowledged those 5 as good examples of female design. That being said, that is a small percentage of the entire female roster and Vi explores an archetype that has not been heavily explored or even approached by any of the current humanoid female champions.
You mean the fact that she seems like a tomboy? Sure, she has that. But, the title of your thread is about over-sexualized female characters not the lack of the tomboyish ones.

Syntax Er0r

12-06-2012

InB4 Dominatrix Skin in which Teemo is present.

-Syntax

Pabro

Events Broducer

12-06-2012
7 of 42 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
I'd prefer it, sure. Or at least Leona-level.

I don't mind covered up champs at all. Leona is one of my favorite supports and I love Hilde in Soulcalibur. My only real problem with Vi is her hair. Short hair never looks good on women. Ever.
Hmmmm. I disagree. My wife has short hair.