Season 3 Nasus Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HateDaddy

12-05-2012

Hey guys..looking for Nasus players to post here. I'm curious if you guys are still going FH/Shurelias for CDR with TF or if you've commited to the new Iceborn gauntlet. After playing Nasus a few times, I built Iceborn Gauntlet and I have to say, it's incredibly strong on him. My current build as follows:

Cloth Armor/5 pots against AD top (boots/3 if AP)
Mercury Treads/Furor (Ninja Tabi for AD top but will eventually sell for Merc Treads)
Philo Stone
Glacial Shroud
Sheen
Iceborn Gauntlet
Spirit Visage
Shurelias
Randuins
Guardian Angel

So my final build looks really strong. I really like this build over the FH/TF build since Nasus doesn't really get a lot of benefits from Phage or Zeal. You still max CDR, the new SV is very good on him as is the passive on Iceborn Gauntlet since max CDR Nasus will be procing sheen every 2 seconds.

So yeah, obviously there is always some wiggle room here depending on the enemy teams composition. This is kind of my build path though, I'm curious to find out what you guys think.

HateDaddy

12-05-2012

bump

Muleman

12-05-2012

Hai,
I've tried going 0/3/27 masteries in a game recently, with great success
grabbing gp5, starting gold, regens, a biscuit, lifesteal, a ward, gold on hit, speed, etc
and then spending my last three points in the regen in defense
Anyway I found the starting gold to be really useful and my build went like this

Rejuvination bead, Crystaline flask, 1 hp pot, 1 ward
Philo Stone
Boots
Sheen
Merc Treads
Iceborn Gauntlet
Warmogs
Spirit Visage
Randuins
Guardian Angel

I found it gave me great early sustain with the rejuvination bead, the 3% lifesteal/spellvamp, potions/crystaline flask, cookie, my passive, and all my hp regen.

Try it out if you want, It seems to have worked well for me.

Hyfe

12-05-2012

No idea why either of you are getting sheen that early. You are missing out on tank stats and CDR early which let you bulk up in the lane and Q farm faster by buying sheen early. I think OPs build sounds pretty good but you don't really need to rush a completed gauntlet. You'll still be in the lane for a decent bit probably and you can go for more CDR and resists as long as your gauntlet is ready around mid game. Guess it all depends on the pacing of the game.

I'd just like to make some other quick notes: Dorans shield is pretty solid in lane now vs auto attacking champs. Mobility boots are pretty awesome if the enemy has more slows than hard cc. Several of the boot upgrades look nice, but I think I might like distortion. Locket is an underrated item for top lane now after the changes to it, and I think it is a good pickup that can replace shurelyas if you want. I find that I like chalice early against some AP lanes now because its one of the few good early sources of mr plus the mp5 is amazing. If you grab that you really don't need the philo, so try locket instead - it is very cost effective with a good build path. Flask is a pretty good pick up I think, especially because you do tend to go through lots of pots until you get beefed up, and also since lots of Nasus players pack teleport which makes for quick refilling. That's all that comes off the top of my head.

By the way, I plan to have my guide on solomid updated by the end of the weekend, so if you want some more information you can check that out.

HateDaddy

12-06-2012

Thanks for replying, Hyfe. Keep up the good work on Nasus. Keep us posted on the guide. =)

Saruyan

12-06-2012

homeguard upgrade.

get it.

HateDaddy

12-06-2012

I'm not really all that familiar with all of the new items so I'm actually really excited to take a few hours out of the day to try different builds. Keep this thread bumped though, I'd like to see some more unique builds.