Tentative Changes for 1.73

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

radicalratx

12-05-2012

Can someone explain why the 20% selfheal reduction exists?

I can only think of a few champs that it actually affects significantly: Fiddle, Vlad, Nunu, Swain, Soraka

Of these, only Nunu is remotely OP (bot lane only). Fiddle is considered low/lowest tier, Swain is on the weak side, as is Vlad, and Soraka is okay.

Taking the healing reduction aura off helps some weak champs and doesn't seem to me to overpower anyone.

If lifesteal stacking was the issue, lower lifesteal by 20%.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

12-05-2012
7 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalratx View Post

I can only think of a few champs that it actually affects significantly: Fiddle, Vlad, Nunu, Swain, Soraka

Of these, only Nunu is remotely OP (bot lane only). Fiddle is considered low/lowest tier, Swain is on the weak side, as is Vlad, and Soraka is okay.

Taking the healing reduction aura off helps some weak champs and doesn't seem to me to overpower anyone.

It's there because of a few unstoppable champions and champion combos during development. If it's not needed anymore, we can re-evaluate. For now, it will be self-only heals. Takin' it slow

Arixa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalratx View Post

I see a lot about this. Swain would be op if he healed for 20% more(and he's actually pretty strong as is bot lane). Also this affects Mundo ult, and is one of the few things that keeps him from being a nightmare as well.

Lifesteal(grr sanguine blade) is a problem too.

Dreampod

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
It's there because of a few unstoppable champions and champion combos during development. If it's not needed anymore, we can re-evaluate. For now, it will be self-only heals. Takin' it slow
Does that only apply to champion based heals or to self-healing granted by items (lifesteal, spellvamp, warmogs) as well?

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Why remove the global MPen? Aren't mages already screwed enough by the fact that they can't stack MPen, but bruisers can still stack MR and stack ArPen?

Arance

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Why crossing out the RoA and Tear changes? Not that I mind...

Also, make Sanguine Blade proc on physical damage, not auto-attacks! (And maybe shave a bit off the LS and put it on AD like they did for BT....)

Dreampod

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryptomine View Post
Why crossing out the RoA and Tear changes? Not that I mind...

Also, make Sanguine Blade proc on physical damage, not auto-attacks! (And maybe shave a bit off the LS and put it on AD like they did for BT....)
If you read it the crossed out stuff won't make it this patch but will be in the following one. I imagine it is for the same reason that BC can't get a Dominion specific version, the process for implementing new items (and changed items are effectively new ones) takes longer than getting them into 1.73 will allow.

Arance

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
If you read it the crossed out stuff won't make it this patch but will be in the following one. I imagine it is for the same reason that BC can't get a Dominion specific version, the process for implementing new items (and changed items are effectively new ones) takes longer than getting them into 1.73 will allow.
Indeed, didn't notice he edited the top part, was just reading the updated list.

As an addition, if BFT proves to still be out of line on some (Teemo) champions, as I suspect it will once BC stops outshining it, one change I'd suggest considering is only having it proc on the initial application of a DoT instead of refreshing every tick.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

12-05-2012
8 of 8 Riot Posts

At the bare minimum, making a Dominion-specific version of the item would require us to clone a lot of relevant files; in effect, it'd be a completely separate item that looks the same. For tracking purposes, and for future balance updates, this is a very messy way to do things.

FDru

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arixa View Post
I see a lot about this. Swain would be op if he healed for 20% more(and he's actually pretty strong as is bot lane). Also this affects Mundo ult, and is one of the few things that keeps him from being a nightmare as well.

Lifesteal(grr sanguine blade) is a problem too.
If they removed the aura, champs wouldn't heal for 20% more, they would heal for 25% more.

But that is irrelevant because the new EC and Morello's are extremely overpowered against sustain champs.