Black Cleaver

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mad Suppordle

12-05-2012

2. Remove from Dominion

Until the item can be properly balanced for the mode, lets leave it out. At least Blackfire Torch was targeting somewhat underplayed champions (even if it currently still gives the most benefit to the most popular mages prior to its release). Its heart was in the right place.

Cleaver targets champions that were already one of if not the single strongest archetype in dominion, both in solo queue and organized play.

Elysius

12-05-2012

2.- Remove

Ad had already a good damage before this changes.. BFT came to balance things a little.. before the BFT we had to see all teams with only 1 ap champ.. sometimes not even 1.. BC is really op right now ( and I play an AD char most of the time )

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

12-05-2012
3 of 4 Riot Posts

We won't be able to get a Dominion-specific version in time for 1.73, so I'm going to err on the side of caution. Black Cleaver will be disabled on Dominion for 1.73, and re-added pending any global balance changes or the creation of a Dominion-specific version.

Orphane

12-05-2012

Thanks Nome. Now people can go to stacking Ghostblades >.>

blackDAILO

12-05-2012

Or make it so it won't be stacked with other items that are built from Brutalizer, something like the "Eyes of Pain" Unique Passive on Haunting Guise.

konfetarius

12-05-2012

When is 1.73? Please tell me we will get one DD tournament with the full blown lulz of the Cleaver meta?

Malah

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
We won't be able to get a Dominion-specific version in time for 1.73, so I'm going to err on the side of caution. Black Cleaver will be disabled on Dominion for 1.73, and re-added pending any global balance changes or the creation of a Dominion-specific version.
Someone has learned a lesson in the past few weeks, it seems.

Thanks for erring on the side of caution.

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
The specific balance change you need to look out for is a nerf to the 30% shred. The stacking of flat pen and cdr are balanced for the price.

Talith PA

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I think it's mostly the %'s that are a tad bit off at this point. 30 / 35% = 45.5% effective armor, whereas 25/30 = 52.5% effective armor.

When I was tuning LW and % pen nerfs, I don't think I took into account how we made all armor more expensive by about 20%. We'll be tracking if this gets out of line - but for now, we're actually more interesting in seeing how AD Casters with BC pan out.
What I'm seeing here is that the percentage pen and shred on whisper and cleaver are possibly going to be tuned down. Combine that with the removal of the pen aura and I believe tanks wont feel naked anymore.

If the % pen on whisper and cleaver are hit then I feel like the only thing that really needs to be unique on cleaver is the health. I believe the biggest problem with the cleaver stack is the 1000 health from having 4 of them. A player isn't sacrificing nearly enough durability for going full pen.

I still want to be able to go brut + cleaver + youmuu as an AD tripen build - that needs to stay in. If the game goes on long enough I want to be able to turn that second brut into a cleaver and not have it be a complete waste (I would miss out only on the defensive stats on the item).

Itstwoftlong

12-05-2012

Would it be developer friendly to make something similar with a unique passive instead?