IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PatMcGroyne

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetroneaque View Post
Well I'm glad to see that the pro players still have to abide by the summoner's code like everyone else. Good show Riot, though I'm confused about how a permaban is only for one year... Anyway, good for you Riot.
He can neverplay on any of the accounts he has right now every again. He can however create a new account and continue to play but he can't play in the championship series for a year.

MSOutlook

12-05-2012

Well now I get why there's never any friendly banter in competition games like the other MOBAs. This is a game and for him it's pretty much his life. You expect someone not to get emotional? "Just a game" doesn't apply to him. It would be nice to know if he was warned that this severe of a punishment was going to happen or if it came as a surprise. I'm guessing it was a surprise because there is no precedent for such an action being taken. Outrageous.

I'm sure if he was talked to instead of being sent the "Greetings from Riot's auto-ban service!" on his offenses this could've been resolved a lot better and quicker. Learn to deal with high-level community members, Riot. Please.

JZZE

12-05-2012

At least he gets out when he can. This game is going downhill. Especially with this new patch.

Its horrible that Riot publicized this. A personal attack... just for a foul mouth?

Berri Bunny

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheology View Post
Except for all those people who like to have fun by being competitive. It may be hard for you to understand, but a lot of people view the "high stakes" aspect of ladder and rank-oriented competition as enjoyable.
You can go have fun being competitive in norm you care bear.

It may be hard for you to understand, but your responses are asinine and retarded.

RowRowFTP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

I remember in the past there was a huge backlash against some professional fighting gamers because there was some lame net-show paid for by Spike or something and one of the players was being a crass, vile, misogynistic neckbeard.

His defense was that fighting games "aren't Starcraft", and that this is just how people who play fighting games act. Not only is this the lamest defense ever, but he just likened the entire industry to his mouthbreathing, fat, depressing self, which I'm not sure every fighting game enthusiast appreciates.

The point is that pro gamers and really any gamer in the public spotlight is a representative of the medium as a whole and oftentimes an example for other players to follow. Any income they generate for the industry would easily be counteracted if they drive people away from it by portraying its community as a cesspool of sad, needlessly belligerent behavior. As such, they should be more, not less obligated to conduct themselves in a non-retarded fashion. Giving them special exemptions is in every way possible bad for the industry and for gaming as a whole.

JustDeckeredBoys

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowRowFTP View Post

His defense was that fighting games "aren't Starcraft", and that this is just how people who play fighting games act. Not only is this the lamest defense ever, but he just likened the entire industry to his mouthbreathing, fat, depressing self, which I'm not sure every fighting game enthusiast appreciates.

probably like 99% of the fighting game community would agree with him.

MSOutlook

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowRowFTP View Post
I remember in the past there was a huge backlash against some professional fighting gamers because there was some lame net-show paid for by Spike or something and one of the players was being a crass, vile, misogynistic neckbeard.

The point is that pro gamers and really any gamer in the public spotlight is a representative of the medium as a whole and oftentimes an example for other players to follow. Any income they generate for the industry would easily be counteracted if they drive people away from it by portraying its community as a cesspool of sad, needlessly belligerent behavior. As such, they should be more, not less obligated to conduct themselves in a non-retarded fashion. Giving them special exemptions is in every way possible bad for the industry and for gaming as a whole.

OK. You stated that he was in a competition that was sponsored. The player's conduct in question here was not competition play. It was regular public queuing. No money was at stake and no sponsors were actively involved. It's not that we're saying he should be given a special exemption because a normal player is not involved in paid competitions. If anything they should have contacted him and explicitly stated what his behavior was leading to because of his celebrity status.

Also, the competitive fighting community is HUGELY different because of how the games are played. The audience is generally right on top of the players watching over their shoulders while they are seated right next to each other. It's a little hard to stifle reactions when you're in the moment and money is at stake.

Saiff

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berri Bunny View Post
You can go have fun being competitive in norm you care bear.

It may be hard for you to understand, but your responses are asinine and retarded.
Says the the guy that thinks playing to win and playing for fun are mutually exclusive? LoL

Loosing isn't fun, most of the time. Maybe if it's close enough it can be fun. I play ranked for fun and to win what other purpose does it serve? It's a game meant for fun. The only people this doesn't apply to are pro players. But those same people don't take ranked seriously either. They usually only take their practice games and tournament games seriously.

4saknHero

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitingpig View Post

There also have been repeated incidents of similar behavior outside the game.
Oh ****, santa snitchin to the tribunal!

Dragon Rider

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSOutlook View Post
Well now I get why there's never any friendly banter in competition games like the other MOBAs. This is a game and for him it's pretty much his life. You expect someone not to get emotional? "Just a game" doesn't apply to him. It would be nice to know if he was warned that this severe of a punishment was going to happen or if it came as a surprise. I'm guessing it was a surprise because there is no precedent for such an action being taken. Outrageous.

I'm sure if he was talked to instead of being sent the "Greetings from Riot's auto-ban service!" on his offenses this could've been resolved a lot better and quicker. Learn to deal with high-level community members, Riot. Please.
In the original post they mentioned repeated and increasingly urgent warnings that were sent to him, both in game and outside of it.