IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frychikn

12-05-2012

i dont get why riot is trying to control us so much. Let us play the damn game. if players want to be toxic dont prevent them from playing the game, fine them, or their teams? something.

in professional sports if a player trash talks or whatever they get fined or a few game suspension. they dont get banned for life. thats ridiculous.

like if all pro players decided to act like iwilldominate what would happen to your tournaments? nobody wants to watch people who arnt actually good play. let alone pay money to see them live.

I understand what youre trying to do, but you guys are doing wayyy to much when it comes to player behavior.

NegaStoat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentGnu View Post
And yet you waited until the preseason - the one time of year when Dignitas doesn't have tourneys to attend and has time to find a replacement - because?

Trying not to be tinfoil hat about this, but seriously. A couple *days* after the last tourney of season 2, you ban a pro player.
This was actually a really good question. In fact, it was SO good that it left Lyte with only a weak rote answer to respond with. I think we both know the real answer at work. It was just funny to hear it asked out loud.

TankyTrap

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivid View Post
Idra is SC2, IWillDominate is League of Legends. Two different games. Two different pro circuits. It's like saying "WELL IF THIS FOOTBALL PLAYER IS KICKED FROM THE NFL, THIS OTHER GUY SHOULD BE KICKED FROM BASEBALL!!!"
yet they're still eSports. Someones career shouldn't be compromised because of emotions. Maybe if a law was broken, but not for being mean. People are mean all the time and LoL.

Vivid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankyTrap View Post
IdrA Flipping someone off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcpf8AHDoVI

And again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63R7ftfuYS4

And idra being idra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl-vkt4bdz0

Yet he hasn't been banned and is still in professional play.
And this is relevant to League of Legends and their rules how?

Vivid

12-05-2012

Quote:
yet they're still eSports. Someones career shouldn't be compromised because of emotions. Maybe if a law was broken, but not for being mean. People are mean all the time and LoL.
You fail to see the principle. I'm sure if you go to work everyday as a professional and trash talk everyone in your work area and insult them I'm sure you'll keep that job forever.

"Hey John"

"Fck you Bob you're a moron"

"K John"

"Hey John"

"Just for that, I'm going to sabotage your computer so you can't get any work done, enjoy."

"K Bob."

If you have no respect for your career then I'm pretty sure you aren't made out for it.

GatorHatur

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wosie View Post
So just curious why do you broadcast his ban and not other peoples bans? Espically disclosing private information, aka his name. Granted, a good portion of people may already know it but this seems highly unprofesional then simply stating pro players are held to the same standards and that (1) had been banned for being toxic.

Im not sure how contracts with teams are laid out but this pretty bad to ban someone from a game then release their real name to million of people, essentialy blacklisting the person and can be construde as attack on the person.
Why would the olympic commitee call out Lance armstrong by name? Why would MLB call out barry bonds... to show that no one - not even the pros are above the rules..

Akesgeroth

12-05-2012

Quote:
IdrA Flipping someone off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcpf8AHDoVI

And again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63R7ftfuYS4

And idra being idra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl-vkt4bdz0

Yet he hasn't been banned and is still in professional play.
. <-------- the point

o <------- your head

TankyTrap

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivid View Post
And this is relevant to League of Legends and their rules how?
LoL is an eSport
SC2 is an eSport, ergo, relation.

someone was banned from tournament play ( compromising their career) because of being mean, while there are other esports players who do much worse things and go unscathed. there are plenty of instances of being rude/mean in professional sports that go unpunished because they don't break an actual rule in them.

NegaStoat

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frychikn View Post
i dont get why riot is trying to control us so much.
Actually, I do. A very large percentage of the top of the line players stream and make money from it, no duh. And a LOT of them will continuously spout some pretty nasty things on their streams, on top of their typing out abuse and hatred at the players they are gaming with.

Like it or not, these pros are seen as role models for a lot of people picking up the game. As their champions strategies are studied and emulated, so too does their attitudes trickle down to their viewers.

The game was actually pretty fun and had an okay community 2 years ago. Am I thinking that pro streamers are the cause for the community's attitude in games going to heII? No, I don't think that they're the primary reason, or even a major one. But the broadcast negativity IS a factor.

Riot has new players trying this game and walking away, to a far FAR larger percent than what they were seeing even a year ago. The staff has to start somewhere in trying to reverse this situation when viewing profit loss.

Konradexius

12-05-2012

Wait, I'm confused. I thought he was permabanned. Why would they allow him back into competetive play ever? Perma being short for permanent and all.