Preseason 3 Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DISLAV

12-05-2012

I didn't like the new interface. disproportionate and too inconvenient.

Guardian16

12-05-2012

i have screen distortion after this new patch can someone help me

Lustar The True

12-05-2012

"Gold adjustments
Ambient gold gain increased to 16 per 10 seconds from 13 per 10 seconds - gold gained from farming lane minions and jungle monsters have been slightly reduced to compensate
Melee Minion
Base gold value reduced to 20 from 22
Ranged Minion
Base gold value reduced to 15 from 16
Siege Minion
Base gold value increased to 40 from 27
Scaling gold value based on time increased to 1 from 0.5
Minion gold values now update more often on a 90 second interval instead of 180"

The "I Don't Know How to Last Hit Patch" or The NooB patch

Season 4 patch "Start with 6000 gold" " ambient gold =60 gold per seconds"

GG Riot, now it is clear for everybody : Dota 2= Pro

VuklavZ

12-05-2012

When are the Nidalee graphics changes coming?
By far my favorite champion in game, and was hoping for the new ones to be introduced this patch. Any information about when the update might be released? I've noticed they took out the new update to Nidalee on the Beta. What's up with this????

Necromancer21

12-05-2012

I think i'm switching to DotA 2, thank you a lot riot, good job ruining the game

IS1d0cb1517abd96

12-05-2012

I love people who doesn't bother to read/watch what Riot said about those changes and then complain because they don't get it. This change was aimed at support, to help them be more effective without much farm. Other roles are intact, but this change supports supports (pun intended).

BTW. about whole Dota 2 vs LoL thing. It's so easy to finish that pointless war. None is better. You can't compare this 2 games since they are aiming at different audience. But go ahead and keep on being blindly stupid. It's not my business.

Cayten Shift

12-05-2012

Can we increase Nashor's health to 9001? Y'know, make him more of a challenge. Reference? What reference? I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT VOICES IN MY HEAD YOU ARE CONFUSING ME.

RenePerez

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umika View Post
I love people who doesn't bother to read/watch what Riot said about those changes and then complain because they don't get it. This change was aimed at support, to help them be more effective without much farm. Other roles are intact, but this change supports supports (pun intended).

BTW. about whole Dota 2 vs LoL thing. It's so easy to finish that pointless war. None is better. You can't compare this 2 games since they are aiming at different audience. But go ahead and keep on being blindly stupid. It's not my business.
You're wrong. Noone WAS better, now, we have a winner. I was a LOL deffender. My friends played DOTA and said LOL sucks. I was deffending my game. But now, Im going straight into de dark side.

Zumbaro

12-05-2012

Alright after a few matches these are my first impressions...

The Jungle changes seem to be solid although saying they make it a more viable option for a number of classes is wrong. It is still very difficult for a non-jungler and has actually slowed down most junglers making it harder for them to keep up. This is mostly a result of buff dependency and that without the ability to leash most junglers take more upfront damage on the first couple packs without any added way of helping mitigate the early life loss. This tend to send some of the slower early game junglers back to recharge health before their buffs even run out. It also means they tend to be at lower life making the early ganking associate with good jungles much harder and higher risk.

The item changes for tanking have really changed the nature of tanking, while most roles have had their selection improved it feels like the tank has had its options significantly narrowed. Removing the Heart of Gold seems to have the biggest effect on the early item curve. Additionally the changes to Warmog and armor/spell pen have greatly reduced the overall ability of tanks across the span of an entire game. In my mind this is one of the biggest issues with this patch.

Lastly is the strength of mostly AP carry style classes. Prior to this patch I'd seen any number of different classes and champions have strong games but never ones where from the start they could have almost won it alone. Since the patch with the changes to magic/armor pen and the ease of acquiring it I've seen at least 2 instances where an AP based hero absolutely dominated a game. To the extent of 31/2/7 Fizz on a 45 kill team and I think the match only went like 30 minutes.

Overall I think the changes are fine but its obvious that the changes to armor/magic penetration and related stats need to be adjusted as well as giving tanks back some of the HP regeneration focus they used to have. The snowballing, especially on AP based heroes is out of control and needs to be addressed, it may be related to the same issues but when it happens the game just becomes completely unenjoyable for anyone else playing.

LuigiKnight

12-05-2012

i don't really like the style of the store