IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YAH TRICK YAH

Senior Member

12-05-2012

JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED!

Can they ban wukong RAGEinald now?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eloquid

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicuriousBoy View Post
I just love how blood thirst people are here. No wonder this community is so toxic. It gets even worse, cuz Riot even feeds this behavior by doing public executions and applying unwritten rules as well (ie. banning all smurfs too). You guys are SAD.
Don't be an idiot. It's not being called smurf because little smurfs are using it. They belong to the same toxic ******* that will continue being toxic on them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneVendetta

Member

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
Don't be an idiot. It's not being called smurf because little smurfs are using it. They belong to the same toxic ******* that will continue being toxic on them.
Okay, then we have to apply this rule to everyone else too. Let's not give him a different treatment just because he is pro. Let's ban the smurf's of everyone that has been banned in the past 2 years, including temporary bans.

Also, it doesn't change the fact that people here just come to laugh and get pleasure off this guy's ban. It's super sad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SgtSarros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by howcanyouslap View Post
While I do not care for the competitive aspect of this game. This just further shows me that the introduction of the tribunal system may not have been a horrible idea but that the process indicated by the "summoners code" is very flawed. In fact the system has been broken for quite some time and only recently it seems riot has made its attempts to fix it. I am more disgusted with riot over this shameless parroting of this person as well as the poor implementation of a system which was initially thrown in to delegate their own work onto other individuals that arent paid for their time(IP is just a silly reward).
Another Adjudicator who doesn't know what he's talking about. Tribunal people don't even get IP. Tribunal people get -nothing- for working on cases. IP was removed six months ago. And even if we were, ALL Perma-Bans are reviewed by Riot staff. Red names. Tribunal members themselves can only vote pardon or punish, and only a red name can put an account into Perma-Ban status.


Quote:
Originally Posted by brightLightEyes View Post
There is a clear double standard here. You say you banned his smurfs because they were also in violation. Fine, but why can't he make a new account just like anyone else?
He can make new accounts. As you said, his smurf accounts got perma-banned at the same time because an audit of his accounts by riot staff found them to be in similar status as his main. However, can make a new account, just like every other person who gets perma-banned.

He is however forbidden from participating in eSports events for one year. That was a decision made by the eSports organization. Different entity altogether. That's why there is a punishment by Riot and a punishment by eSports. And before you say he's getting punished twice for the same deed, this does happen in football, hockey, and other sports where a player can face punishment by the team and the league.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BicuriousBoy View Post
I just love how blood thirst people are here. No wonder this community is so toxic. It gets even worse, cuz Riot even feeds this behavior by doing public executions and applying unwritten rules as well (ie. banning all smurfs too). You guys are SAD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
It's not. Show me where in Terms and Conditions stands that the rest of the world has to take pros ****. This would have much greater impact if went without a word. This way, it's only message "yeah if you're pro, feel free to be toxic, just in extreme cases we would do something about it, and then we'll make you famous even more with thread dedicated to your huge pro personality with 10 riot posts in it".

The reason there was a 'public execution' is because eSports made the decision to ban him from their events for a year. LoL events is not the only ones that eSports manages. They are not owned by Riot. They are a 'professional league'. As such they have the right to make decisions such as the banning of people from their events. http://esfiworld.com/ is their site you can see they run events for numerous sports.

As for the fact all his smurfs are banned as well, when someone else brought this up earlier in the thread that it's never done to anyone else, Lyte replied 'That you know of'. He has commented in the past in the Tribunal forums that people who are very toxic across all their accounts DO get them all perma-banned at the same time. It is Riot's way of saying 'we don't want you here'. If you like I can see if I can pull up one of his posts where he even says that.

Just like any league, they posted the suspension on their website, and it was copied here so that it was made aware to other LoL players. The report on the eSports website can be found at http://esfiworld.com/news/dignitas-j...eries-one-year .

Why don't you go and yell at the NFL for putting suspensions on their website and on their team sites, because that is exactly what you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicuriousBoy View Post
Okay, then we have to apply this rule to everyone else too. Let's not give him a different treatment just because he is pro. Let's ban the smurf's of everyone that has been banned in the past 2 years, including temporary bans.

Also, it doesn't change the fact that people here just come to laugh and get pleasure off this guy's ban. It's super sad.
As said above, Lyte and others in the Riot Player Support group HAVE in situations of Perma-Banns taken a look at people's alternate accounts and, in cases where similar behavior is shown across all accounts, banned them all. If you don't often read the Tribunal forums you will not see this done, because it is not made as public.

Good way to think of it is normal / ranked LoL games are the minor leagues. How often does someone in the AHL make the news if they get suspended from the team? However, if someone in the NHL gets suspended it's MAJOR news and everyone knows about it. eSports, because of the numerous cash tournaments and much more public reach the group has, is the major leagues.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1KYearGinsen

Junior Member

12-05-2012

IWillDominate is a role model, WTF why ban him piece of **** RIOT!! He made me the toxic player that I am today and I'm better for it. Sucky players need to be bashed, it's call "Tough love". Oh well , transition to HoN now **** Riot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pilling

Junior Member

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
It's not. Show me where in Terms and Conditions stands that the rest of the world has to take pros ****. This would have much greater impact if went without a word. This way, it's only message "yeah if you're pro, feel free to be toxic, just in extreme cases we would do something about it, and then we'll make you famous even more with thread dedicated to your huge pro personality with 10 riot posts in it".
My post on page 109 at the bottom explains why.

The short version: the argument isn't, "should IWD get punished or not." Toxic behavior should be punished, pro player or not.

However, Riot is stepping into a new area in how they are punishing IWD. Banning account(s) has been the standard punishment. With Riot banning him from the pro scene, it's a huge step in a new direction and a completely different form of punishment.

Imagine if you drove to work every day, and you speed a little, say 5-10 over the speed limit, nothing too insane. Well, you're breaking the law right? You're rolling the dice -- maybe you'll get caught, maybe not. However, you know that a 5-10 over the speed limit ticket is kind of like a warning. If you get enough, you'll have fines, lose points, and possibly even lose your license for a while. Well, now imagine you're going 10 over one day, get pulled over, and you get hauled off to the police station, tried, and sentenced to a year in jail.

That's how different this punishment is. Rational/reasonable folks aren't saying people should be able to speed (or in LoL's case, rage) and not get punished, but the form of punishment in this case is very, very different than previous punishments -- even in the case of pro players (e.g. Woong cheating at S2 championships and getting merely a fine, but no suspension).

That's why this is so weird, important, and precedent setting.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gnfnrf

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilling View Post
Imagine if you drove to work every day, and you speed a little, say 5-10 over the speed limit, nothing too insane. Well, you're breaking the law right? You're rolling the dice -- maybe you'll get caught, maybe not. However, you know that a 5-10 over the speed limit ticket is kind of like a warning. If you get enough, you'll have fines, lose points, and possibly even lose your license for a while. Well, now imagine you're going 10 over one day, get pulled over, and you get hauled off to the police station, tried, and sentenced to a year in jail.
For your analogy to match, one day you get pulled over FOR THE 9TH TIME IN A COUPLE OF YEARS. Will that get you jail in the real world? Probably not, but you will almost certainly have your license suspended for a long time, even if the offense isn't that great.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fallen Mushroom

Member

12-05-2012

Dyrus deserve ban also, but TSM is Riot's favorite.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pilling

Junior Member

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfnrf View Post
For your analogy to match, one day you get pulled over FOR THE 9TH TIME IN A COUPLE OF YEARS. Will that get you jail in the real world? Probably not, but you will almost certainly have your license suspended for a long time, even if the offense isn't that great.
Ok, let me be a little more clear. The analogy fits.

Driving = Playing LoL

Speeding = Raging / toxic behavior

Ticket = Warning

Suspension of license = Account ban

Jail time = Pro Scene ban

In the real world, it would really suck to lose your license -- getting to and from work would be hard but doable. You'd have to carpool, walk, bike, bus, etc. But if you were thrown in jail, you'd lose your job and probably a lot more -- basically your status quo would change a lot. By removing IWD from the pro scene for 1 year, it's a pretty different punishment than an account ban -- his current life up to the moment was as a LoL pro; the ban is a huge shift in punishment and his status quo.

Again, not saying he shouldn't be punished, but for the first implementation of a pro player scene suspension, 1 year is pretty huge.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nya Poptart Cat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigqt View Post
ahahahaha.
Best comment ever, i laughed with you.