I love Season 3... But why remove Force of Nature?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TommyMann

12-05-2012

Force of Nature was my favorite item. MR MS HR together as one. It was the Holy Trinity of late midgame. Before I started playing League of Legends my domicile was a garbage can. By luck Force of Nature walked down my alley, and saw me besought by circumambient evils: prostitution, drugs, Brand, and the ilk. Force of Nature picked me up, and set me on the path to righteousness, and full HP. If it wasn't for Force of Nature, I wouldn't be the successful Summoner I am today. I almost feel that if the League isn't big enough for Force of Nature, it might not be big enough for me.

Xshu Bastion

12-05-2012

I think the goal wasn't to simply make it hard to stack a lot of MR, but rather to make it completely unfeasible. You just can't now, and that's because they don't want you to. Most mages were falling off in the late game because the way they operated, with their cooldown limiting the amount of damage they can do compared to an AD carry, stacking MR would completely shut them down in a way that wasn't quite true with armor and AD champions. Many AP champs used to have the "Carry" tag, but it was removed for all of them because it wasn't true in the same way that it was for AD carries.

You can still get a workable amount of MR because a lot of items provide it, but you're not really supposed to be able to stonewall a mage the way you could with a FoN.

OdiIon

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xshu Bastion View Post
I think the goal wasn't to simply make it hard to stack a lot of MR, but rather to make it completely unfeasible. You just can't now, and that's because they don't want you to. Most mages were falling off in the late game because the way they operated, with their cooldown limiting the amount of damage they can do compared to an AD carry, stacking MR would completely shut them down in a way that wasn't quite true with armor and AD champions. Many AP champs used to have the "Carry" tag, but it was removed for all of them because it wasn't true in the same way that it was for AD carries.
This. This. A million times this. How do you counter AP champions? Stack health, that takes the bite out of their attacks, want to defang them and exhaust any hopes of doing any damage to you? Throw a FoN into the equation.

FoN was outrageously overpowered for an item of it's cost. It provided the highest HP5 imaginable, and the highest MR value in the game, top it off with MS and you have an uncatchable tank, that doesn't even share disregard for mages anymore.

All through the forums I've read nothing but complaints that FoN is gone. I'm for one am glad it's gone. Every time I played Hecarim, I'd build, Trinity , Randuin's, FH, then FoN, and I'd lose all regards for human / yordle life. FoN just grants too many options.

Want MR? Chalice/Maw/Banshee's/(NEW) Spirit Visage/Twin Shadows/Runic Bulwark/Crucible/Scimitar are still at your discretion. I'm sure I missed an item or two, there's plenty of options.

Want that HP5 you loved so much? Grab the new Warmog.

No use crying over what's gone folks. It's season 3, stop living in the past.

SkittleJuice

02-01-2013

haven't played in a while and now playing Cho doesn't feel right and I don't like playing him. It will never be the same. :|

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Health stacking + FoN = Mages can do absolutely nothing to you.

AD damage doesn't have a dual counter in Health Stacking + Armor like that because it isn't cool-down based.

So as long as Health Stacking counters Mages, the game doesn't need a FoN.