ARE YOU OF THE FEMALE SPECIES

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. 437 19.99%
I'm a manly man. 1,749 80.01%
Voters: 2186. You may not vote on this poll

How many of you are girls?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

genesisFrog

12-03-2012

i just call people male or female depending on the champ they pick.

YuriKitten

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupahMonkiee View Post
I want to say I'm sorry for the girls who get these d-bags as their team mates.

One of the things I'd note about this, the d-bags who start going into all the misogynistic **** and other harass for us being girls are 9 times out of 10 already being a d-bag anyway about something else. As such, I frankly kinda like it when they start going into the massive misogynistic **** in addition to their previous d-baggery because then they're just digging their grave even deeper for when I report them for their harassment.

The more misogynistic d-bags who get banned from LoL, the better the game will be for all of us (of both genders) and the more of us girls will play the game and actually stick around/not feel the need to hide our gender (and frankly, I never make any attempt to hide my gender, just like my sexual orientation (see my name), since if people start harassing me for it, I'm free to report them for it). And no, I'm not talking about randomly throwing out there that I'm a girl and a lesbian (aside from it being in my name, which a surprising number of people don't even recognize what it means). I mean if it happens to come up.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

10% according to riot

Saikaici

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

davin, was there any juicy info that you found that might be interesting for us?

davin

Senior User Researcher

12-04-2012
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saikaici View Post
davin, was there any juicy info that you found that might be interesting for us?
Oops! Sorry for the delay, I've been a busy Davin. Not much exciting to report on--there's little gender representation difference between forum posters and the general population The forum poll is not quite representative of all the other data we've gathered, basically. Forum polls in general will be a little more error prone than a random sample survey, even with selection effects sort of rolled up into that.

SgtSarros

12-04-2012

How do you figure out who is male or female anyway?That was asked by a few people on here, and I dont' remember selecting a gender when we created my account x.x though I have a bad memory.

davin

Senior User Researcher

12-04-2012
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSarros View Post
How do you figure out who is male or female anyway?That was asked by a few people on here, and I dont' remember selecting a gender when we created my account x.x though I have a bad memory.
Surveys let us get a random sample of the population and get something representative. You'll have some self-selection error variance (not everyone who gets an invitation to a survey will respond, and there may be systematic variance in that), but it's a pretty decent gauge. We get gender in every survey we do, so we have quite a giant set of data on that

YŠpa

12-04-2012

I'm a girl, and I've had all sorts of reactions. I once met someone who got mad at me for camping their top lane b/c they're mid lane fed me. He was calling me *****, ****, mofo, no life, and etc for camping his lane but then after the game I added him to tell him he was rude and told him I'm a girl I find it offending. He stopped and then treated me better but it just proves ppl are jerk to you until they find out you're a girl then treat you better. If you ever wanna queue up on league add me I'm YŠpa .

SgtSarros

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YŠpa View Post
I'm a girl, and I've had all sorts of reactions. I once met someone who got mad at me for camping their top lane b/c they're mid lane fed me. He was calling me *****, ****, mofo, no life, and etc for camping his lane but then after the game I added him to tell him he was rude and told him I'm a girl I find it offending. He stopped and then treated me better but it just proves ppl are jerk to you until they find out you're a girl then treat you better. If you ever wanna queue up on league add me I'm YŠpa .
You're one of the lucky ones then. I have seen some rather bad situations towards women in tribunal reports, or just insulting of female gamers in general ( "Do you have down syndrome, or just a girl" comes to mind. )

Personally it's nice to here there are more female gamers in the game and that they are having pleasant experiences here. This should be a fame all ages AND genders should enjoy.

NJ Gamer

12-04-2012

if you look at the poll here, it started something around 75% male:female, now it has gone towards 80%. If more people voted it could change further towards the 90% stat. Who knows, long run chance and what-not.