Was League of Legends Downgraded?

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
I am predicting this:

Day 0: OMG change (if you love change, you are happy, if you don't, you are nervous)
Day 1: OK, I'm starting to get the hang of this, pretty sweet
Day 2: Character X is hella OP! wow, Riot, what were you thinking? (Well, the answer is, it's hard to do this stuff perfectly all at once)
Day 3: Actually, no, character Y is hella OP!
Day 4: We hotfix nerf character Z, touch character X, and indicate that Y is on the watchlist
Day 5: OMG, character ZZ is OP, but this is pretty fun
[repeat for 1-3 patches, end up with more strategically deep and interesting game]
incoming Ziggs, Zilean and Master Yi Nerfs. YOU READ IT HERE FROM ZILEAN

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

The game was getting pretty stale, TBH.

Blood Thirster -> PD every single game wasn't exactly an enthralling experience. Now I can do things like build Hurricane on Caitlyn, and boom. Her passive is now potentially a 50% AD bonus, making her up to snuff with other carries.

RB teh Support

12-04-2012

You screwed up my Oracles, screw you Riot.

DoctorQuadrakill

12-04-2012

Quote:
Understandable. When you take on a lot of change, many players will find it a little bit confusing, frustrating, etc... Because you go from understanding everything, to feeling like you don't understand a ton.

I'd give it a few games. Go play an easy vs bots game and take your time browsing the shop. Fill out your favorite character. Build the right items. Try it in a practice game or another bot game. From there, you should be in good shape.

As you learn new ways to master the game, you'll start to feel great about the progress, and the new strategies you can enact. I found it pretty overwhelming the first few games as well, but really, we think the changes will be for the better pretty quickly for all players.

To be perfectly honest, our item system was not great before, and was causing a lot of more general issues. We think that this set of changes will set the game free of a lot of problems it has had in the past.
I've been here since beta man I will admit I don't like the whole new dota/hon feel of league of legends with the new items and interface. But times do change we just need to adapt I guess. It'll take a while to get used to but, I really hope yous remove sight stone sooner then later we all know how broken it is.

Bruiser IRL

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPentakill View Post
I've been here since beta man I will admit I don't like the whole new dota/hon feel of league of legends with the new items and interface. But times do change we just need to adapt I guess. It'll take a while to get used to but, I really hope yous remove sight stone sooner then later we all know how broken it is.
Same if I want to play dota2/hon ill go play that but I like league and this new change is not to my liking so far.

Strossus Gran

12-04-2012

If you think the game got more boring, I'm guessing you didn't play a lot of support. Holy ****, having to totally rethink itemization and my playstyle (pickpocket) when I go support now, its exciting!

Did learn that rushing a Leandrys Torment on Malz is not a super awesome choice worth a shot though!

WarhawkX86

12-04-2012

Quote:
Understandable. When you take on a lot of change, many players will find it a little bit confusing, frustrating, etc... Because you go from understanding everything, to feeling like you don't understand a ton.

I'd give it a few games. Go play an easy vs bots game and take your time browsing the shop. Fill out your favorite character. Build the right items. Try it in a practice game or another bot game. From there, you should be in good shape.

As you learn new ways to master the game, you'll start to feel great about the progress, and the new strategies you can enact. I found it pretty overwhelming the first few games as well, but really, we think the changes will be for the better pretty quickly for all players.

To be perfectly honest, our item system was not great before, and was causing a lot of more general issues. We think that this set of changes will set the game free of a lot of problems it has had in the past.
I'm finding a few things wrong with this line of thinking regarding the changes.

Vamp scepter is 800 gold now, not to mention a huge number of new items all of which are too much gold for what little they do.

I am finding these major issues with the game.

1: Games lasting too long. (Pick late game champ and just straight win this ****.)
2. NO amount of early game advantage matters when these games drag to 50 minutes. You sure do win your lane, but in the end the new insane cost of items drags you down.
3. Staying in the jungle does not make you equal to anyone else ever. There is no decision point to be made anymore, you STILL HAVE to gank and you can't stay in the jungle long enough to be a late game carry like riot has stated.

All in all riot has said league season 3 will be this.... thing A, and in reality it's another ****ty DOTA 2.

Thank you for ****ing ruining the only moba I play.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

12-04-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigeruX View Post
Day 0 through 5: OMG Ican't even read what my teammates say. This chat font size is so SMALL.
We are increasing the font size. Sorry about that.

Zerglinator

12-04-2012

Day 28: The rage virus has caused all champions to use Fury.

Warm One

12-04-2012

Quote:
We are increasing the font size. Sorry about that.
Can you also take out the empty space in the HuDs, especially when viewing all team character items and the shop. The kill counter could easily be placed in the bar with the icons, among other shavings to conserve space while directing as much info as possible. I do like the utility, but the design seems bloated in some areas.

12345678 ... 13