IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SqueezeMeGently

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyCrystal View Post
-Wastes an hour of her life reading 40+ pages of this.-

I'm at a loss. I can't quite grasp why 30% of the people on this thread are against this ban. Seriously? Can you not see the logic in this? In Riot posting a warning for others? Sure, a million people can troll everyday...but this guy must have been trolling the entire twenty-two hours that he was signed on for so many people to have reported him, in the first place.

It's one thing when some average-joe trolls. But when a pro player, that everyone knows, trolls? That's completely different (and I do believe that all trolls should probably be banned, if they make a point to troll just because someone isn't as blessed in skill as they are). And like it or not, the pros of LoL -do- set the view for the company. So, he gets what he deserves. Maybe he'll learn to get off his high horse and not take things for granted.

Just sayin'...
Hopefully the next time you speed you get a ticket and have to watch as traffic drives on by five over the posted...

Roidrage22

12-04-2012

Lol owned now go get a real job ******

AncientHydra

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Town Park Radio View Post
Pardon me: You are ***** skippy wrong there, buddy. A team absolutely IS supposed to pay the price as a team if one of their members breaks the rules, just like the whole team gets a free ride to fame if one member of the team carries them to fame and fortune (see: Michael Jordan).

Any of them could have spoken up and booted him from their team. he should ahve been banned ages ago and it is a black mark against Riot's ostensible "fair play" that he was allowed to finish last season.
That's the biggest load I've ever heard. One player does not carry a team (even Michael Jordan). A team works as a unit to achieve what they accomplish. Yes some pull more weight than others but Toyz didn't 1v5 Azubu Frost in Champs.

Also, there is no rule stating that a player must be kicked from a team for toxic behavior (in the Summoner's Code). That a team organization decision.

I will say that there is a reason substitute players are on most rosters however and that is to cover a player that can not play for any reason (I'm looking at you Curse jk I love you guys).

And on another note. I know that in the past year I've been reported at least 100 times for various reason but I have received no punishment from Tribunal. Also, those 7 punishments of the first 8 tribunal runs were an attempt to reign in a toxic player before they must ban him (much like NFL fines players before suspensions).

Most perma bans even on regular joes are the third or fourth punishment from what I understand (the testimony of three friends who are on second account for admittedly toxic behavior and refusal to reform until recently, one a friend IRL from school).

Mannin Veen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueezeMeGently View Post
Hopefully the next time you speed you get a ticket and have to watch as traffic drives on by five over the posted...
Bad analogy, unless he's going 20 over.

GodzillaMagnum

12-04-2012

Was he given a couple of warnings before this? Because if this was just out of the blue, thats kind of dick.

Noobgrenade

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDnD2 View Post
Cus sports is about seeing the BEST play against the BEST. Not the BEST who are nice vs. the BEST who are nice. But the absolute BEST.
In no way is this true. If it were, people wouldn't receive fines, suspensions, etc for unsportsmanlike conduct in any sport. Put another way, rules regarding behavior are as much a part of a game as the rules regarding cheating- both are simply rules about conduct.

Mannin Veen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

If you count seven suspensions as warnings, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodzillaMagnum View Post
Was he given a couple of warnings before this? Because if this was just out of the blue, thats kind of dick.

SqueezeMeGently

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannin Veen View Post
Bad analogy, unless he's going 20 over.
You're right. The better analogy would be that's he is the woman who the officer DID give the ticket to (But for going 5 over rather than 20.) while the ladies with the big **** and low tops got the 'warning'. They all broke the rules, and they all get favoritism. He's just getting less in this one moment.

Thrasher72

12-04-2012

Cool story, riot.

*EDIT* now let's just hope this kid doesn't kill himself, seriously look at him, he looked miserable before getting banned HAHAHAHA

Kuya Abz

12-04-2012

Harhar