Lyte, if I might have your attention for a brief moment?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZennLumina

Junior Member

12-04-2012

I'm not here to cause a big uproar but I would like to know. Honestly, why the harsh treatment and the impersonal support?

This question stems from me being permabanned. I've opened a support ticket, all I wanted was to talk to someone and beg for a chance to prove myself worthy of being unbanned, because, yes, I know I screwed up. And yes, I know I've had more than enough chances. However, Tribunal doesn't in any way recognize the months I was going without any problems, that makes me feel like my positive behavior isn't any real help since I had already been banned in the past. Yes, I did deserve a ban, but I don't believe that I was so awfully toxic that I deserved to have everything on my account taken from me.

My support response is quite obviously a vague copy/paste that gets used in response to every person who opens a ticket for these particular kinds of issues and my first issue is

"In fact, you have been reported in 31% of the games in your last 60 days played. On average, a typical League of Legends player is reported in less than 1% of their games played."

Now, I'm going to have to call bull on this statistic. 31% of my games in the last 60 days? That's a bit high, but, I suppose even 1 report can raise the statistic. But, what really gets me is, the average player is reported less than 1% of their games played? In the last 60 days, maybe. Total? I doubt it. The statistics sound just a little too made in an attempt to purposely paint myself and other banned individual as awful human beings.

But, what really bothers me is that in my next support ticket, I received this "In fact, you have been reported in 35% of the games in your last 30 days played. On average, a typical League of Legends player is reported in less than 1% of their games played."

How does that work? Why did it go down to 30 days from 60 days, and the percentage only changed a measly 4 points, in a months time? Just comes across very strange to me.

However, my biggest issue is this, at the end of the support ticket, every single time.

"For these reasons, we will not lift the ban on your account and consider this matter closed. We wish you luck in your future gaming endeavors outside League of Legends."

Before I've even gotten a real chance to talk, or explain myself in any way, I'm already being completely shut down and pushed aside like nothing and I simply don't think that's a polite way to handle an issue. Personally, I would think that Riot, due in part to their ToS and the Tribunal system would want to set a better example in how people get treated.

So, what is the purpose of this thread? Why did I even bother? I just want to talk to Lyte, that's all. I'd just like a personal chat with the big man himself. Do I expect him to care? Not really, no. Do I expect it to make a difference? Again, no. Do I even expect him to read this? Not particularly.

However, it would bring me closure to JUST have him hear me out. Regardless of how toxic I was felt to be, I am still as human as anyone else and at this point, I feel as though I have nothing to lose by at least trying to reach out and ask for some compassion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vigred

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-04-2012

To get permabanned you usually have been warned and banned several times. Did you think those were jokes?
And can we see your reform card to see how compassionate you've been to your fellow players?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fanaticmogg

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZennLumina View Post
But, what really gets me is, the average player is reported less than 1% of their games played? In the last 60 days, maybe. Total? I doubt it.
Are you saying that people have been reporting in the last 2 months than in the past? Because if the report percentage remains the same over the course of, say, 1 year, the report percentage for the last 60 days should be exactly the same as the report percentage for all the time in which they've played.

The statistic I've heard cited is about 4-5 reports per 100 games, so for the average player to be reported in less than 1% of their games, that would mean that every time they get reported, they're being reported by 6+ people per game. That math seems a bit off.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

12-04-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZennLumina View Post
"In fact, you have been reported in 31% of the games in your last 60 days played. On average, a typical League of Legends player is reported in less than 1% of their games played."

Now, I'm going to have to call bull on this statistic. 31% of my games in the last 60 days? That's a bit high, but, I suppose even 1 report can raise the statistic. But, what really gets me is, the average player is reported less than 1% of their games played? In the last 60 days, maybe. Total? I doubt it. The statistics sound just a little too made in an attempt to purposely paint myself and other banned individual as awful human beings.
Actually, the numbers surprised us in some ways. We know that players make threats about reporting in the game but what we find is that players don't actually execute on the threat at the end of a game.

Right now, on NA, depending on which population you pull (players with no ban histories, players with ban histories but are 'good' now, etc), you actually do see that the typical player only has a 1-4% reports/game ratio in the lifetime of their account.

Quote:
But, what really bothers me is that in my next support ticket, I received this "In fact, you have been reported in 35% of the games in your last 30 days played. On average, a typical League of Legends player is reported in less than 1% of their games played."

How does that work? Why did it go down to 30 days from 60 days, and the percentage only changed a measly 4 points, in a months time? Just comes across very strange to me.
I don't understand the confusion here. These numbers are perfectly possible for your account and I can double check it, but I think this is just straight-forward math. The actual number of days that the Player Support Specialist wants to show you is up to them... they can show 30 days, 60 days, or 17 days if they wanted.

Quote:
However, my biggest issue is this, at the end of the support ticket, every single time.

"For these reasons, we will not lift the ban on your account and consider this matter closed. We wish you luck in your future gaming endeavors outside League of Legends."

Before I've even gotten a real chance to talk, or explain myself in any way, I'm already being completely shut down and pushed aside like nothing and I simply don't think that's a polite way to handle an issue. Personally, I would think that Riot, due in part to their ToS and the Tribunal system would want to set a better example in how people get treated.

So, what is the purpose of this thread? Why did I even bother? I just want to talk to Lyte, that's all. I'd just like a personal chat with the big man himself. Do I expect him to care? Not really, no. Do I expect it to make a difference? Again, no. Do I even expect him to read this? Not particularly.

However, it would bring me closure to JUST have him hear me out. Regardless of how toxic I was felt to be, I am still as human as anyone else and at this point, I feel as though I have nothing to lose by at least trying to reach out and ask for some compassion.
Why does a player have to wait until a permanent ban to talk about their behavior? If you got a warning and came to ask me about ways to improve your behavior, that's completely different.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamie98s

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Why does a player have to wait until a permanent ban to talk about their behavior? If you got a warning and came to ask me about ways to improve your behavior, that's completely different.
Can you tell me how to improve my behavior? I just got off a 14 day ban for the 31% report thing and I never call anyone names.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viro Melchior

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Jamie, not knowing anything about your account, but I can hazard a few common guesses that may help you (or may not):

  • Uncooperative pre-game (ie, instalock, only willing to play 1 role, etc) behavior will raise chances of being reported for further actions.
  • Going 1/5 or similar ratios (2/10, 3/15) is a common reason for people to report. Usually not a problem unless you actually are doing it intentionally.
  • Negative attitude. Just being rude or demeaning is enough. You don't have to use names or foul language. If other players feel bad because of what you say, they may report you.
  • Trolling. If you're consistently doing other things that other people say is "stupid" "trolling" or "idiotic", you may want to consider your reasons for doing them. If its to try new ideas, you should get a group of friends to play together, or use custom games. Breaking the meta in match made games is a good way to ruin team cohesion and result in a loss (and angry teammates), even if your idea is good.
  • Language. You said you don't call names, but racist remarks (even if not directed at a teammate), swearing, and other language choices can bother other players too.
  • Going afk or disconnecting. Pretty obvious why other players don't like this one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamie98s

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viro Melchior View Post
Jamie, not knowing anything about your account, but I can hazard a few common guesses that may help you (or may not):
Quote:
  • Uncooperative pre-game (ie, instalock, only willing to play 1 role, etc) behavior will raise chances of being reported for further actions.
So If I dont play what the team tells me to play I can be banned?

Quote:
  • Going 1/5 or similar ratios (2/10, 3/15) is a common reason for people to report. Usually not a problem unless you actually are doing it intentionally.
Pretty easy to get that ratio in solo queue, especially if they dont ban OP champs. and the jungler ignores your lane.
  • Quote:
  • Negative attitude. Just being rude or demeaning is enough. You don't have to use names or foul language. If other players feel bad because of what you say, they may report you.
A number of things can make someone feel bad, it shouldnt get you banned. If someone messes up a gank and you say "nice gank" that can make them feel bad. Should I be banned for that?
  • Quote:
  • Trolling. If you're consistently doing other things that other people say is "stupid" "trolling" or "idiotic", you may want to consider your reasons for doing them. If its to try new ideas, you should get a group of friends to play together, or use custom games. Breaking the meta in match made games is a good way to ruin team cohesion and result in a loss (and angry teammates), even if your idea is good.
Again, If I dont play exactly how the other people TELL ME how to play then I can be banned.
  • Quote:
  • Language. You said you don't call names, but racist remarks (even if not directed at a teammate), swearing, and other language choices can bother other players too.
Never do it

Quote:
  • Going afk or disconnecting. Pretty obvious why other players don't like this one.
Never do it

Ive asked lyte for a copy and paste of my chat logs from my ban and he just closed the thread and ignored the request. Im not trying to hijack the thread sorry, Plus my ban is up and im playing as ive always played and just hoping I dont get a perma ban this time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PessimiStick

Member

12-04-2012

You're rationalizing. Those are all things that will make people more likely to report you, and/or more likely to punish you. Not agreeing with facts does not change them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamie98s

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
You're rationalizing. Those are all things that will make people more likely to report you, and/or more likely to punish you. Not agreeing with facts does not change them.
thats the problem, I was under the impression they can report you all day, but if the tribunal pardons you then you did nothing wrong. Thats why I hate this new system where they automatically ban you when you get 30% reported in games you play, because when you play ALOT of solo queue you can rack up those reports easy without breaking any rules. No judge, no jury, just auto ban for nothing. And yes, it is an auto-ban. they say they manually audit the account but they cant even respond to an email without it being a copy and paste, you think they go through every reported toxic case to see if rules were broken? thats what the tribunal is for. They blanket ban all accounts with 30% report, some deserve it and some dont, it doesnt matter. And when you email support and ask why your premium account was taken away they copy and paste a non-response, and when you make a forum thread asking why lyte comes and gives zero information then closes your thread before you can call him out on it.

again I dont mean to hijack this thread but this 30% toxic report system has really gotten to me. Again, im playng as ive always played and hoping my account isnt taken from me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

slamor

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie98s View Post
So If I dont play what the team tells me to play I can be banned?



Pretty easy to get that ratio in solo queue, especially if they dont ban OP champs. and the jungler ignores your lane.
[LIST]

A number of things can make someone feel bad, it shouldnt get you banned. If someone messes up a gank and you say "nice gank" that can make them feel bad. Should I be banned for that?
[LIST]

Again, If I dont play exactly how the other people TELL ME how to play then I can be banned.
[LIST]

Never do it



Never do it

Ive asked lyte for a copy and paste of my chat logs from my ban and he just closed the thread and ignored the request. Im not trying to hijack the thread sorry, Plus my ban is up and im playing as ive always played and just hoping I dont get a perma ban this time.
It is when you make half of the people you meet upset that you are banned. If you got the other 4 players pissed off just by being a jerk in champ select, your already treading deep waters. An average player negotiates in the best way possible. If two players do not want the support role, expect one of them to go 0/15/0. Fill the support role if you know the other player will mess it up in every way possible and the whole team becomes happy. If someone else is a legitimate jerk in champ select, you report them. If you are making a lot of players angry, then I suggest a change. There's reform cards for your chat logs. Ask support for yours if for some reason one was not emailed to you.

Edit: I think players being forced into a position they can not do when someone else could of done it better is why it seems like you have brain dead people in 0 - 1600 elo


1234