IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fukaro

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by datnikkamillzy View Post
What a joke. Riot is a joke - they already have millions so **** the kid trying to make a little paper on a video game. Nerds get so serious is a joke. There is language filter for one, and if you get offended by someone over the internet, you are indeed a sexless virgin and should probably get off your rear and do something with your life. Bad decision by riot.

#FREE IWILLDOMINATE
This post is so ignorant and stupid I wont even explain why its just so...ridiculous. The assumptions and stereotypes. Please make a DECENT post next time. like srsly.

Warnazz

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios747 View Post
I agree with the banning. This is his JOB. Tell me, would any of you act like this at work and expect to keep your job for very long?

No.

And I do understand that some people aren't very good at this game and could improve, but there are SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE ways to go about telling people these things, and if you can't understand how to be socially acceptable with your criticism then you really need to improve your general social skills. It's as simple as that, really.
To all of you bringing up the workplace argument - you need to reconsider what LoL is. IWD's job is playing a game in his own home, it has absolutely no resemblance to the expectations of maintaining proper corporate culture in a business workplace. I can work at home and make websites filled with inappropriate content, if I made that my job is that suddenly a paradox? Am I not allowed to make money of doing something which only some businesses do not agree with?

The argument that he is different to regular players on the basis that this is his job and there are extra expectations is null. He rarely streamed and therefore he was hardly a role model.

You're doing amazing work for the NA professional scene RedBeard, a one month ban totally wouldn't have sent the exact same message. Now you've disbanded either IWD's professional LoL career or the whole of Dignitas'.. all to make a statement.

ShiznazTM

12-04-2012

I just want to know why he got 9 cases before permaban when I read stories of people getting 3 and perma'd.

FargoneMyth

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warnazz View Post
To all of you bringing up the workplace argument - you need to reconsider what LoL is. IWD's job is playing a game in his own home, it has absolutely no resemblance to the expectations of maintaining proper corporate culture in a business workplace. I can work at home and make websites filled with inappropriate content, if I made that my job is that suddenly a paradox? Am I not allowed to make money of doing something which only some businesses do not agree with?

The argument that he is different to regular players on the basis that this is his job and there are extra expectations is null. He rarely streamed and therefore he was hardly a role model.

You're doing amazing work for the NA professional scene RedBeard, a one month ban totally wouldn't have sent the exact same message. Now you've disbanded either IWD's professional LoL career or the whole of Dignitas'.. all to make a statement.
What you fail to understand is that he is still interacting with other human beings. It may not be in person like at a real job, but it still counts.

judgeshowtunes

12-04-2012

Why does he only get a 1 year ban? If he was up for a perma-ban, shouldn't it be...well, "perma"?

Noobgrenade

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warnazz View Post

People that work from home still have to behave respectfully towards others while working. I don't know of any business that will pay someone to sit at home and berate their coworkers (or anyone) via chat.
And if you want to drop the "work" argument, sure: he still has to follow the summoner's code, just like everyone else.
Having more to lose ought to make you more cautious.

Town Park Radio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrguy View Post
this is stupid. they dont post on the forums for every account that gets banned and why it was banned.. they should treat pro players the same as average players and leave this **** in private...
If they did that, this guy would have been banned ages ago. clearly they have to make a big deal out of every time they temp-ban a "Pro" player because they're so much more special than the rest of us; nearly immune to punitive action. If you're a "pro" you apparently have to be 14 times more toxic than anyone else to finally get a (temp) ban.

forcemblem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The number of games in the Tribunal Case does not reflect how many reports/games it took you to get into the Tribunal.

Let's say a player gets reported 100 times in 100 games. An absurdly high number. The Tribunal then begins building a case for the player. The Tribunal would then randomly sample the player's recent match history and pull a few recent games--it could be 1-5, but this number is not related to how many games or reports got you into Tribunal to begin with.
So what would be the reason to justify a ban/punish just by showing 1-5 random in-game chat and statistics? That's kind of allowing RNG to be a factor in people being banned/punished. Let's roll dice to ban players. I see no harm in allowing 5+ random data, in fact it helps allow tribunal goers to give a fair judgement with enough proof or clarity to either pardon/punish. Instead how about we give you 1 sheet of data to work with and see how well you do with it compared to being give 5 data sheets.

Wheeind

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judgeshowtunes View Post
Why does he only get a 1 year ban? If he was up for a perma-ban, shouldn't it be...well, "perma"?
They're treating it like most professional sports do. People make careers out of this stuff, they should be given seconds chances. Riot isn't out to ruin lives, they just want to keep a good image for themselves and the competitive scene they're trying to create.

DJLTheFirst

12-04-2012

r.i.p team Dig