Is trundol :> good?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Primanocte

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira et Tolio View Post
Uh, he does counter yorick. Oh look, free health regen, oh look, free super steroids, oh look you can't kill me because of contaminate, oh look, I'm better than you lategame. Seriously I think YOU need to check YOUR information.
Trundle's passive does not come close to matching Yorick's harass. It is a match up in which Yorick has all the advantages.

Cappilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

I perfer his pillar over anivia's wall, because its got a great slow, and if placed right it takes people foreve to get around it

Battlefy

12-04-2012

He's a great champ whom I enjoy playing. I think that he's got a lot of potential in S3 and unless you're pro, it's splitting hairs on his attack animations.

RiotTantram

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Software Engineer

12-04-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
Trundle's passive does not come close to matching Yorick's harass. It is a match up in which Yorick has all the advantages.
You're comparing Trundles passive to Yorick's entire kit. Sure an entire kit is better than a single passive. You need to also take into account Trundle's kit, and both players items. I could go on and on about how Trundle beats Yorick top, but it all comes down to the player. Sure a player who is great on Yorick will beat a player who is decent on Trundle. However, I firmly believe that with equally skilled players matched top, Trundle will prevail. Heck, a good bush beats Yorick (in before ward, to which I say pink ward).

I don't think it's about who 'wins their lane'. But how they perform throughout the entire game. That is why I say Trundle is a great champion, but it really depends on the team. He is not right for every situation, but is great in some.

Bowser the Train

12-04-2012

Trundle is a good niche pick who needs some animation fixes.

Abomb7894

12-04-2012

His clear time in jungle 3 seems to be quite fast and he remains quite healthy. Could see a troll return.

Calderweiss

12-04-2012

I know Cho beats the heck out of yorick due to the fact that he passively heals off killing the ghouls, making the ghouls able to do damage, but somewhat moot. And that aoe and silence eat yorick up (pun intended)

Herne

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTantram View Post
.... That is why I say Trundle is a great champion, but it really depends on the team. He is not right for every situation, but is great in some.
I've heard a couple of comments (and hey look, here's another one!) in streams/forums/etc that the reason Trundle is so underplayed is because he needs a certain teamcomp to fill in the blanks he doesn't provide.

Well that's like anyone, okay, sure: you aren't going to run jungle X on team Y.... ...but what kind of team does Trundle actually need to make him shine? What -is- that 'situation', team-wise, that he is viable in?