IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tigsen

12-04-2012

To those saying he doesn't warrant such a ban, and who are using the NFL as an example, you need to keep in mind the NFL has its own set of rules, and while trash talking is not against those rules, there are plenty of other things that are and which will get a player banned. Illegal use of drugs is one example... does Riot ban that? No, of course not. These are two completely different games and trying to compare what is accepted behavior in one to what is not acceptable in another is lunacy.

It is quite simple... in LOL there is a Summoner's Code which spells out the expected behavior of players (just like the NFL has rules governing what its players are expected to do or not do). In this case the person banned was warned several times for his infractions, yet chose to ignore those warnings. That is kind of like the NFL suspending a player for illegal drug use a bunch of times before saying "that's it, you're gone!"

If someone is too stupid to ignore repeated warnings and actions taken against them then THAT PERSON is 100% responsible for any ensuing actions taken against them. He/she cannot say "I wasn't warned", they cannot say "I didn't know". They are assuming that because they are a "pro" they are immune to the normal rules. Guess what, they're not. Just like the Saints are not immune to the rules about intentionally harming other players, "pro" players are not immune to LOL's Summoner's Code.

I applaud Riot for taking this action. Despite my misgivings about the Tribunal it is obvious that in this situation Riot's customer support team looked at the case and came to a hard, but appropriate decision. Thumbs up to them for taking this seriously and let's all hope they continue this trend.

420 Lax Hard

12-04-2012

My question is about other pro players, I've seen truly abhorrent behavior from one streamer in particular. He regularly rage quits and makes threats to go afk in front of 20,000 viewers. I think that actually leaving a game out of spite should be banable and not just something for leaver buster to sort out. i would lie to here your thoughts, Lyte, on whether a player can be banned based of of their stream and what types of actions would warrant a ban. Thanks

Arukaito

12-04-2012

Dayuuum

binbin1117

12-04-2012

Support Riot, I don't usually voice out, but on this issue I need to step up and said good job Riot, rules are for everybody, chance have been given, warning have been given, as a pro gamer, as an adult, understanding rules and respect to other human being is the basic stuff we learn at school, and this is what make us different from animals, and people who said punishment is too harsh, destroy his income and life, etc, is iwilldominate who destroy his own career, btw he is still young and 1year will make him a better person if he learnt his mistake

King Kuri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I smurf Rain Man View Post
Its not his job to be nice to people in solo queue
its only his job to show up to and compete in tournaments

this is like your boss firing you because he found out you insulted some people online in your own time
Go google violentacrez 2012. He got fired from his job and got universally shamed because of the content he posted online. I hear he is still unemployed.

Fiolina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I smurf Rain Man View Post
NO IT ****ING ISNT

you want to show me the contract he signed that agreed to be a role model

pretty sure it doesnt exist
You mean the summoner's code?

Endertome

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantEvilKitten View Post
Remember that time in football when that player got told he couldn't play for a year when he called someone a mean name?

Right me neither.

Either just call it gaming, and stop refering to it as a sport, or start acting like its a real sport.
Remember that time in League of Legends when that player got a $10,000 fine for unsportsmanlike behavior?

Right me neither.

Football does not equal League of Legends.

Zeikxx

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
I can ignore someone getting beaten on the street. I should probably hip someone else to what's going on though.
yeah because typing on a computer == physically beating some one on a street.

Nice completely blown out of proportion metaphor.

Mukind

12-04-2012

So has been banned before, 8 times and this never overlapped with competitive play?

They want the player not the account, lol

So confused on how this affects him in any way other than his inability to use his screen name.

BelligerentGnu

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
eSports is going to be collaborating with Player Behavior and monitoring all pro players in Season 3--especially those participating in the Championship Series.

However, IWillDominate had the worst toxicity metrics (by about 300%) compared to other pro players on NA so we had to act sooner rather than later.
And yet you waited until the preseason - the one time of year when Dignitas doesn't have tourneys to attend and has time to find a replacement - because?

Trying not to be tinfoil hat about this, but seriously. A couple *days* after the last tourney of season 2, you ban a pro player.