IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rotom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

good move by dig, get their weakest player permabanned so they can replace him smoothly without any uproar from the community

Drewbie

12-04-2012

he's only banned from the Riot sponsored championship series, i'm pretty sure he can start a new acct and play on a team as long as it's not the top 8 NA teams that qualify for S3

Praiz Qt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
no one should ever ragequit a ranked game on a stream. ever.
So true.

I really want to see Scarra's thoughts on this.

OneVendetta

12-04-2012

zZZzZ This is Riot trying to create another diversion. You guys didn't notice all the threads about Tribunal being trash? That's right. This thread is exactly about that. It's about distracting people for the 'real' topic. I mean, why did we need a public execution? The real procedure should been just the ban and that's it; no need to humiliate him any further. GG Riot, u think ur smart but u aren't. Bye

Beas7ie

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkingg View Post
destroyed his LIFE good job RIOT.
OH NOEZ! Now he'll have to do something such as go to a good school and/or get a REAL JOB just like 99.5% of the people who play this game! ROIT SO CRUEL!

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

12-04-2012
3 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKlown View Post
lmao I want to see the statistics for how many cases are punished vs pardoned. I actually read the logs and pardon people who had 1 slip up etc, just to go back and see that they were punished by everyone else.

The tribunal is so full of insta-punish, it's surprising more people aren't randomly banned, or they are and just never come to the forums to ***** about it.
Tribunal reviewers are encouraged to punish if they even see 1 incident that is worth punishing--that is what they are supposed to do. For a player to even get into the Tribunal they have to have received dozens or hundreds of reports by players that are 'neutral' or 'positive' in the community. The Tribunal system is designed to be extremely conservative and give the benefit of the doubt to the player and always, always avoid false punishes.

For more information about how the Tribunal actually works, there's an FAQ here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2411284

There's an additional advanced FAQ here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2726400

Right now on NA, we went through periods where only about 50% of cases were punished. A lot of players felt the Tribunal was being too lenient, so we've been optimizing and tuning the system. We're currently seeing anywhere from 60-70% punish rates on cases depending on the day of the week. In fact, now that we've removed IP from the Tribunal and introduced Justice Reviews, there are very few players just instant-punishing or spam-punishing.

In IWillDominate's case, his accounts were up for a permanent ban and were reviewed by multiple Rioters on the player behavior team and the eSports team.

Phantasus

12-04-2012

Oh no, not that guy. Totally news feed worthy.

chezwickcheese

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrensby View Post
Loophole? Can't he just make a new one and make it up to 30 with that? Or in this case are the person and the player considered the same entity, and this is actually a ban against Christian Rivera?
That's what I was thinking. Just make another account under a completely different name. If Riot come back and so no he can't then why are other people allowed to instantly make another account and continue being toxic? It will be interesting to see what happens.

existingdark

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapastic View Post
LOL, The When the US Economy is in a position to trash talk you, you know you've dun goofed. Good Riddance IWillDominate, I guess you shall dominate no-ones no-mores.
You sir deserve a medal

Jesus Jon

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKlown View Post
I'm sure you don't say anything anytime someone critiques you or talks **** to you. wait you're noone in soloq. Noone would recognize your name in game and it wouldn't go anywhere...

2+2=4 but there are other ways to get to 4 too... fact.
So you're saying that his argument is invalid simply because it's likely he's made the same mistakes in the past and because he's not "well-known"?

That's called experience, and whether or not 10000 people have seen what he has to say, his point is no less pertinent.

Some logic you have there, pal.