Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qsario

11-29-2012

I'm level 30, but I just played a random blind pick game with three tanks and no ranged ADC. Predictably, we lost. The opposing team comp was also strange, though closer to sane in that not all of them were building tanks.

So you can end up with weird teams at any level.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2012

Was busy all day, I will go over the replay *hopefully* tomorrow.

Crastym:
A lot of the time you should be able to poke the enemy AP mid when they are hugging their turret. You can roam and gank OR you can try to force him to recall/ die to you. The trick to this is hugely about your knowledge and how well you can play your champion, over 80% of the common pick AP mid have the ability to burst enemy lower than 60% health to 0 in one combo (maybe you will need ignite)

General Sassycat

11-30-2012

I could probably go do the maths but that is open to a lot of variables so this may be easier.

I like building triforce on vayne rather than LW or BC because i don't see armour penetration as a requirement with her W. Similarly i don't build void staff on Karthus or Xerath because of their passive mag pen.

So are these bade choices? If so how much of a disadvantage am i at. In the case of Vayne, assuming i can time my triforce procs with my tumble shots and w procs, is it just as viable as building armour pen?

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

1. Trinity works off of your base damage, in Vayne's case you are probably getting additional 110 AD when you proc trinity, which is a really low number if you look at it, and if you going to focus on using that W, you might as well go PD compare to trinity

2. Voidstaff is needed for sure on Karthus. The wall might reduce the enemy MR, but you will never hit all 5 enemy. Xerath also want that voidstaff if the enemy build MR, so that he can have higher M pen.

Conclusion: It is bad to go trinity on Vayne, while it might be possible to avoid voidstaff on both AP champions if the enemy is not building MR.

ExecutionerKen

12-03-2012

b

Elier

12-04-2012

Hi Ken,

I finally finished reading all the thread (it took me like a week), thanks for taking the time to help the community.

Here goes my question:

A few days ago I played this game as jungle nocturne (see replay below) and I managed to stay alive the entire game, ending something like 1/0/23.

After struggling a bit midgame and dealing with lux's rage we managed to win. I think that I was a decent jungler, but I felt very weak aganist their lee sin, like my damage wasn't enough to gank efficiently or to 1v1 anyone, and I feel like I could have done much more for the team.

I kind of followed theOddOne's guide for itemization because I hadn't play noc for a while and I didn't want to screw up (I usually jungle with panth).

So my question is, what could I have done better / differently? I'm usually much more aggressive, maybe this build just doesn't go with my playstyle.

Replay:
http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2559501/

Guide:
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...ne-build-guide

Thanks!

ExecutionerKen

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elier View Post
Hi Ken,

I finally finished reading all the thread (it took me like a week), thanks for taking the time to help the community.

Here goes my question:

A few days ago I played this game as jungle nocturne (see replay below) and I managed to stay alive the entire game, ending something like 1/0/23.

After struggling a bit midgame and dealing with lux's rage we managed to win. I think that I was a decent jungler, but I felt very weak aganist their lee sin, like my damage wasn't enough to gank efficiently or to 1v1 anyone, and I feel like I could have done much more for the team.

I kind of followed theOddOne's guide for itemization because I hadn't play noc for a while and I didn't want to screw up (I usually jungle with panth).

So my question is, what could I have done better / differently? I'm usually much more aggressive, maybe this build just doesn't go with my playstyle.

Replay:
http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2559501/

Guide:
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...ne-build-guide

Thanks!
As previously stated, I don't have much time for watching replay any time soon, because with the season 3 top 32 teams and new content patch all of us are really busy. However, I do want to point out few things in oddone's build.

With wit's end after wriggle, often time you will have decent amount of both armor and MR. In this case, if the enemy is not heavy on cc, Ninja tabi should be built over 80% of the time, just because it is much cheaper than merc thread.

Also, in this build, landing duskbringer will be much more important, because you do not have much physical damage item, and majority of your damage buff will be coming from the 55 AD bonus from staying on the dusk, so be sure that you can stay on the trail.

Finally, oddone is building noc really tanky, so it might not fit everyone's playing style, and thus the reason why you didn't get much kills.

PXShaman

12-04-2012

What would be a good rune page for Jungle fiora now??
I figured with the new items, she is strong in the jungle. Still figuring out best combination of items and mastery but that is for me

I wondered what would be a good jungle rune page for her. Was thinking about LifeSteal quints, Damage, armor, MR. It is a simple question but i just can't figurei t out.

ExecutionerKen

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PXShaman View Post
What would be a good rune page for Jungle fiora now??
I figured with the new items, she is strong in the jungle. Still figuring out best combination of items and mastery but that is for me

I wondered what would be a good jungle rune page for her. Was thinking about LifeSteal quints, Damage, armor, MR. It is a simple question but i just can't figurei t out.
With the nerf (increase of cost) on all attack speed item by 20%, attack speed marks seems to be the best to me, however, I believe that jungle fiora will not be as strong as before, as the camps are getting stronger.

It probably going to take me a week or more before I figure out all the major changes to this patch, and maybe even longer to notice smaller details.

PXShaman

12-04-2012

Well how do you think SPirit Stone as an item is, why not talk about new jungling.