What would you like to see in Chat / Buddy Lists?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenStorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2009

Seconded, this looks beautiful. Tabs = win ^^ Also having the buddy client as a separate window irks me a lot. Needs to be integrated in some fashion, and this looks fantastic. Nice job Marduke!

rogerchew

Adjudicator

07-30-2009

marduke's ideas are all freaken awesome! great job! i think he' summed it pretty damn well.

but would also like the ability to:

1. whisper to all friends.
2. whisper to all friends in your game.
3. whisper to a single friend/person.
4. ability to join game from buddy list.
5. ability to spectate games my buddies are in by joining through the buddy list.
6. ability to see which of my buddies are in the same game together.
7. see simple statistics of the game they are in, how they are doing, opponents, heros, score, time in game, level, etc.
9. create private chat room.

(note all chatting abilities should be seamless between the actual game and the pvp.net client)

Cheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2009

It would solve so many issues if the main UI could go fullscreen too

Chex

08-02-2009

A hotkey for bringing up the chat UI like Xfire

Frozt

The Council

08-02-2009

Here's a few ideas of mine (Not sure if any are already suggested):

• Clan or Guild feature with private/public clan chat rooms
  • Ability to create your own chat rooms to talk with friends
  • Voice chat where you can speak to friends in private
  • Double-click a name to open their summoner profile and allow people to customize summoner profile with a small area to write something

Oh btw, +1 Marduke's design.

Stoph

08-03-2009

Steam has nailed it. It appears to be a lightweight interface that can pop up at any time by useing Shift + Tab and you can see your friends and what game they are playing (not real applicable here)

I'd like to see who online while I'm playing and to be able to chat with them.

This is a little far fetched, but since leaving/disc is a huge problem with the game balance, is there NO way to invite a friend to take a vacant spot in a current game?

rogerchew

Adjudicator

08-03-2009

i have to agree steam has the integration down pretty well with their games. any copying from steam features is a win for the pvp.net client.

Volibar

Senior Product Manager

Follow Volibar on Twitter

08-03-2009
3 of 5 Riot Posts

There are some great ideas here!

We've been working on this and will continue to do so until we feel it's ready for public use. I think you guys will really like it a lot more than what's there. We won't be able to do everything on this list right away, but we'll be rolling out a pretty comprehensive upgrade.

My personal goal is that I want IRC to become less popular. I know that's crazy talk and I love being in there, but with the uptime we've got now and the improvements to chat, I want to see you on PVP.net chat!

rogerchew

Adjudicator

08-03-2009

any eta? i'm dying to see just what has been improved. frankly i care more about the pvp.net client than i do about the game! ahah

Stagnation

Adjudicator

08-04-2009

I'd like to see a non tabbed chat interface and a way to access it from ingame without having to tab out and double click the tray icon. and I'd like the buddy group )if you only have one) to auto expand when you join. Google chrome has a system where you can drag a tab out side the window to creat a new window with that tab only, that would be nice for the chat window