Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slash7

11-22-2012

so is black cleaver better than last wisper?

Black Cleaver 45 attack damage, 25% armor reduction, 10 armor pen , 10% cd
Last Wisper 40 attack damage, 40% armor penetration

its like
+5 dmg, +10 armor pen, + 10% cd reduction
vs
+15% armor pen

now its kinda black cleaver seems more like support\tank item than actual advanced item
and i think actually black cleaver might be inferior to last wisper

Suggestion:

brutalizer(1337g) + Long Sword(415g) + Dagger(420g)+recipe(700g) =
Black Cleaver(2872)
50 attack damage
30% attack speed
15% cd reduction
10 armor pen
5..25% armor reduction (unique)

note:
infnity edge does 80 attack damage
blood thirster does 60..100 attack damage

Lets make mid game items into late game items

also another question is how the mid game items will advance later into the game
like Malady and Wits End? Malady + Witz End maybe?
i really wold not like to sell these items but go upgrade these items

also i find Iron Solari weak too
should advance into stronger item
its shield gives 50 .. 230 shield = 1 spell cast

Raiyn

11-22-2012

basically what xyph is telling talon players is that you can still only play middle and against some champions. You will also still be able to kill supports and bot adcs but only before they get somewhat tanky.

Bruisers will also now decimate you more than ever before, don't get caught - "You'll manage".

omninigth

12-03-2012

ah can you pls fix the ryze bug still super broke even dryus was sock with the spell flux he get instant kill with that LOL

Stiletto

12-03-2012

Would it be right to assume that the Shard of True Ice active slow will stack with a separate passive item slow, much like Randuin's, Gunblade and Bilgewater do?

atastyAzn

12-03-2012

Why add so many retarded items with retarded items if the mastery changes practically changed all CC to nothing? Your basically begging everyone to use 0/30/0 masteries, then your going to complain that people use the defensive tree too much. This game is turning into pretty anime cartoons, it's not a MOBA game anymore, just a snoozefest

atastyAzn

12-03-2012

If everyone buys an item, you immediately take it out. Well, no more FoN, leblanc gg

atastyAzn

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrosn View Post
Hey Xypherous, I concerned that the new Black Cleaver will create another gap in itemization. Last whisperer and BC use to give consistent attack speed while effecting armor. Ghostblade doesn't fill that role well because its an active on a quite long cool down. So, going into Season 3 there will be no item to fill that niche to my knowledge.

I liked the old BC on some ad casters because it gave them a little attack speed and increased their spell power. AD casters are not auto - attackers, but those that scale well with ad also benefit from a little attack speed to take advantage of their high attack damage values.

Side note: Ionic Spark is not such a bad item. it can be alright and sometimes it can be even better than Wit's End. Removing Ionic spark removes the only other attractive AS item for bruisers. Are you planning on doing anything to address the poor itemization for attack speed based bruisers?
Dude, just check out all the other items. Bruisers are the new carry or something, idk how u can stop them with these op as hell items anymore. Also, since offense tree is useless, they'll probably just go 0/30/0 masteries, then you don't even do dmg to them anymore. And now they can probably beat you to death, and what can you do?

Honduras

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by atastyAzn View Post
Why add so many retarded items with retarded items if the mastery changes practically changed all CC to nothing? Your basically begging everyone to use 0/30/0 masteries, then your going to complain that people use the defensive tree too much. This game is turning into pretty anime cartoons, it's not a MOBA game anymore, just a snoozefest
umad.

Gryphios

12-03-2012

Are you guys not buffing Spirit Visage like you said you were? Also I notice that there's still no MS tank item to make up for Force of Nature going away.

Destaice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Reds haven't replied to this thread in 3 weeks, stop bumping.