Energy and Rage

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Teemo needs less rage generation.

Also, I see hardly any rage/energy champs on a regular basis. However, Tryndamere seems to be quite far away from competitive even when compared to the others.

Metalfenrir

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawNuff View Post
Teemo needs less rage generation.

Also, I see hardly any rage/energy champs on a regular basis. However, Tryndamere seems to be quite far away from competitive even when compared to the others.
I'd be willing to argue that Renekton has it worse of all the rage champs. Tryndamere gets counter build against. Renekton's problems stem from being Renekton. He falls off too hard late game and there isn't anything that one can really do to minimize that currently.

All that aside, Tryndamere has a pretty rough time as well, but I've seen Carnival pull him off successfully several times.

Rebonack

12-03-2012

I've been pondering this one for a while. It seems to me that the best bet would be to remove Fury degen on Crystal Scar and to make grabbing Health Relics and neut/capping points give some amount of Fury to make up for the lack of minions to thwack on.

urmamasllama

12-03-2012

i vote add 2~3 energy regen to the aura thats around a third to half of the blue buff bonus if that's not enough bump it up to the full bonus of 6.
i like the double rage on champ hits idea would make those three champs feel a lot better w/o making them monsters in bottom lane

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

12-03-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

I'm curious to see whether a global energy buff would actually affect Akali or Lee Sin. Both champs never seem to run out of energy when played properly anyway.

Sauron

12-03-2012

Akali has low enough cooldowns that she would benefit from it, but I don't think Lee Sin would see much change (because he's blind, duh).

Rumors say that Lee Sin will be getting nerfed soon, though, and it's always possible energy costs might be targetted for it. Just rumors though.

Evelynn Butt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Well the thing is part of playing Akali properly also involves not really spamming your abilities and knowing when you should use your E and when you should completely ignore it. Giving a global energy buff would just change what playing her properly means.

Westlin

12-03-2012

Zed and Renekton they simply aren't able to use their kits viably.

CarnivaL

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I'm curious to see whether a global energy buff would actually affect Akali or Lee Sin. Both champs never seem to run out of energy when played properly anyway.
As far as Lee is concerned it wouldn't be noticeable in small skirmishes (1-2) but he can and does run into a few energy concerns in larger team fights. There are times when you need to use his mobility and lose out on his passive which lowers his dps by quite a bit for the next 3-5 seconds.

bierfaust

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Which energy and rage champs need help on Dominion?

All of them except maybe Akali and Shen. Lee Sin too I guess.

All the others get starved too easily and for too long of a period.

The ones in serious need are Zed, Renekton (if he isn't bot), Tryndamere (bad champion for DOM in general).

That's just off the top of my head. A global passive energy/rage generation would be a good idea, but it's a fine line to walk between giving them enough to compete, and so much that they become an issue, since they would become almost resource-less.