Experiencing Latency

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Immersify

12-02-2012

I posted about this problem as well. I have been having the exact issue as stated by the OP.
This began for me after upgrading to windows 8, and though I am not sure it is directly related, I am sure that this problem is exclusive to League of Legends. Clean installs, updated drivers, system process cleanup, switched to primary drive, and nothing seems to work.

Rocket Cat

12-02-2012

So this is still happening. It's been nearly a week, could we get a response please?

Chris Hansenn

12-02-2012

i have similar issues that started about a week ago i also live on the east coast

Istoriel

12-02-2012

I'm having the same problem. I just clean installed Win8 and reinstalled LOL, so it runs far more beautifully than it did before, except that it will frequently freeze up for 20+ seconds at a time. I tried minimizing all the graphic settings, giving me a fantastic fps, but I kept getting hit with these freezes.

Update: Tried repairing the installation, then rebooted. No change.
Also tried updating the graphics driver. Still no change. Tried installing another graphics-heavy game, and it ran beautifully.

jezsticles

12-02-2012

Been having the same problem as mentioned in the OP for about the same time. Making the game unplayable at the moment. Anybody there have a fix?

Carl Sheburne

12-02-2012

HALLELUJAH! I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!

My ping has been spiking to 1.5k MS and dropping constantly and the game is unplayable. I'd also like to note I'm from Australia if anyone else is too.

jezsticles

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimdabrim View Post
HALLELUJAH! I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!

My ping has been spiking to 1.5k MS and dropping constantly and the game is unplayable. I'd also like to note I'm from Australia if anyone else is too.
Also from Australia, but never had lag spikes like this before.

Carl Sheburne

12-02-2012

What I've done which I should have done before is port forwarding. Although this puts my ping at 280 whereas it's usually at 230ish and it's never stable for more than a minute peaking at 300-500 ping. Still unplayable lol.

Shiny Eevee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Getting lag spikes again, just as the OP described. Ffs.

Carl Sheburne

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleVee View Post
Getting lag spikes again, just as the OP described. Ffs.
Same. My ping fixed to like 230 now it's around 300-500 all over the place. GG.