"Support is fun" "Support is my main" "I insta call support"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempnameA461

12-02-2012

Second most fun game I've ever had in 1500 games contained 3 Support archetypes.
Two of those three built Support.

Just saiyan.

Void2258

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

I mained support. You know what I learned? I lose 3/4 if I do it. Why? Because if I play support I am 100% dependent on the rest of my team to carry. Which is the one thing you never ever ever want to be in solo queue, because you will ALWAYS lose those odds. Solo queue measures your ability to carry a game, so it actively punishes you for preferring the role lest able to carry. That's why we don't advertise. Because we are essentially surrendering to faith in the other random people in queue if we agree to do it.

RiotMixdj

International Community Coordinator

12-02-2012
1 of 7 Riot Posts

As a support main, I'm really glad to see what seemingly is a resurgence of proud support players. Maybe one day we'll queue up and i'll insta-call support.

heartagram

12-02-2012

support main here, instalocking support, not giving ****s.
nami is an insta buy for me, 200 games straight with nami here i come!

Luxieto

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMixdj View Post
As a support main, I'm really glad to see what seemingly is a resurgence of proud support players. Maybe one day we'll queue up and i'll insta-call support.
what's your fav. support?

swilson

12-02-2012

most support mains are high elo because its the easiest to carry solo queue with, even though sometimes it doesnt feel like it is.

Demp

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMixdj View Post
And then some of you will threaten to feed if you don't get it.

THAT would be the day...

LouisLeGros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

Because if a supportt feels satisfying to play to most people it is going to be considered OP and nerfed.

Fireraga

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijitow View Post
Are you a dependable adc? If so, add the next good support you get as a buddy. Us support mains love a good adc.
^ have a cookie, good god is it bad to be paired with a incompetent A.D.C.......

Menea6587

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilson View Post
most support mains are high elo because its the easiest to carry solo queue with, even though sometimes it doesnt feel like it is.
Not exactly.
Here's the caveat:
Supports work by making openings and making plays. However, if you can't do either of those things, you can at least make them wider with your kit. That pretty much means that you belong where you are at currently. HOWEVER, in the former explanation, that requires your TEAMMATES to exploit the weaknesses you have made in the enemy's team. They can choose not to do that and make your play meaningless.

More knowledgeable players will see these plays and act on them more frequently as elo increases.

In other words, climbing the elo ladder is exponential for supports; you chance of victory increases with every victory until you hit your true elo and stay there because you're not making the plays nearly as much anymore.