Alarac, The Son of Death

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarthDevor

12-01-2012

If You have Comments Or Suggestions Please Post. I can not improve otherwise.
Name: Alarac
Theme: The Son of Death
Species/Race: Unknown, Supposed to be Demi-god of the Lord of Death
Appearance: Black Hair with Dark red Streaks. Black Eyes, Pale Skin, Looks like Human, appears to in mid twenties
Weapons: Cursed Short Sword
Attributes: AD, Tanky, Melee, Solo-Top, Bot, can be carry

Lore:

Not many things are known about his early life which dates back to before King Jarvan I of Demacia, and no one knows where he came from. The only few things that are known is that he was an orphan and had a sister named Ovalia who was two years older then Alarac, and took care of him. One of the only things other then this known in record was that he lived in Demacia. All information after this is according to legends about Alarac, and is known well to only a few.

When Alarac was thirteen, Noxus attacked a small village which he lived in that was under the influence of Demacia. The battle raged on for three days, and with each death he felt stronger. His sister was the opposite, she was afraid of war, and was pale. During the battle Ovalia was killed by one of the two sides, and no one knows which. After the battle Demacia had held on by a thread but was victorious, and Alarac was looking for a way to bring back his sister. He went to shrine of the his religion's lord of the dead, "Evanas" in the jungle, and was hit by a vision of death and destruction, and showed him on top of a blade with blade that had an evil aura to it.

After the vision a sword that he named "Devonic" was in front of him releasing a faint aura. When he touched the blade his eyes turned black, and he found himself raising skeleton warriors to fight for him. He had several visions, one telling him that he needed a worthy soul if he wanted to bring his sister back from the dead, and he killed many, and with each murder, he grew stronger, his blade released a stronger evil aura, but no souls were worthy of those he killed and when he tried to bring back his sister, he summoned an evil magic that he controls to this day. Each soul was not worthy and he killed many until he realized that seventy years had past. When he went back to Demacia and was arrested for his crimes, but rather then kill him, he was out into the League of Legends in fear that if they killed him, the evil would be released.
"I will find the worthy soul, and my sister will return." Alarac the Son of Death

All Numbers are Subject to Change
Base Stats-

HP:420(Plus 100 Heath Per Level/2120 At Level 18)
Heath Regain: 1.25 Per Five Seconds(Plus .25 Per Level)
AD: 61(Plus 3.25 Per level)
AP: 0
Difficulty(Each [] Equals One box): [][][][][][][][][](High)
AS: 0.634(Not Much)(+2.5% Per level)
MS: 335
Range: 175
Armor: 40(Plus 1.5 per Level)
MR: 30

He would run off of a new system called darkness, which works similar to mana, but can only be regained per kill.
Darkness: 450(Plus 90 Per Level)
Darkness Regain per Kill(Includes Minions/Monsters): Champion:35(Plus 2.25 Per level) Minion: 5(Plus 1 Per Level)
Armor Pen.:0

Skills-

(Passive/Innate) Blessing from the Lord:
Every Champion and Minion/Monster Kill Restores health.
Levels Automatically at Level 6/11/16
Heath Regain for Champion: 100/125/150/175)
Heath Regain For Minion/Monster Kill: 20/23/26/29

Q- Dance of the Cursed Blade
Alarac uses his dark magic to inflict small amounts of damage(plus 0.25 per AD) and taunts an enemy.
Damage: 80/90/100/110/120(Plus 0.25 Per AD Non-base)
Taunt Duration(Seconds): 1/1.25/1.50/1.75/2
Darkness Cost: 30/60/80/90/95
CD: 20/17/16/10/9.7
Range-560

W- Dark Magic(Need Help with name)

Alarac uses his dark magic to inflict damage on an enemy in a cone. If any enemies are hit while this ability is on them Alarac gains a small amount of darkness.
Damage: 90/105/120/135/150(Plus .35 Per Bonus AD)
Darkness: 40/60/80/120
CD-25/20/15/12/11
Darkness Gained per 100 Damage is done- 10/15/20/25
Darkness Increase Duration(Seconds): 2.5/3/3.5/4-To explain what this does and means, This is skill is a mark that deals damage and he gains darkness for every 100 damage done to a target(s) and it lasts at rank 5 for four seconds.
Range: 500

E- Devonic
Alarac uses his cursed blade attack an enemy, making them bleed and get small amount of true damage. Increases movement speed for short time(3 seconds). The First basic attack after this ability used is when the attack is used.
True Damage: 55/65/75/85/95(Plus .15 Per Bonus AD)
Bleed Time: 2/2.25/2.50/2.75
Range: 325
Movement Speed Increase: 10%/20%/30%/40%/50%
CD: 30/20/15/13/10
Darkness: 80/100/120/140/160

R- Summon: Skeleton Warriors
Alarac uses his blade's magic to summon two skeleton warriors, that land in AoE area and deal damage within area as well as marking enemy targets.
Skeletons Can not be controlled, they attack marked targets first, then attack nearest enemies with lowest heath within an area of 1000, but prioritize champions below half health.. Skeletons do not die if Alarac Dies. When Alarac dies their remaining time is decreased by 50% so if he dies with them right away at lvl 6 they last for 7.5 seconds.
Range: 350
AoE: 340
Skeleton Stats:
HP: 450/475/500
AD: 75/100/125(Plus 0.35 AD per AD)
Armor: 30/35/40
MR: 20/30/40
Range: 300
MS-330
Skeletons Last For(Seconds)-15/20/33

Darkness-150/225/300
CD-90/85/80

Speech
Upon Selection-"They Dare Challenge me?"
Move 1-"I can already see their deaths."
Move 2-"I will obliterate them!"
Move 3-"Haha. They see my power."
Move 4-"They will be killed, and I will become stronger."
Attack 1-"Ah, I feel myself getting stronger,"
Attack 2-"You do not want to see my bad side."
Kill Minion-"Useless, puny, soldier. You give me nothing."
Kill Champion-"I can feel me strength returning."
Q-"Know fear!"
W-"Feel, a fraction of my power!"
E-"Taste my blade!"
R-"Yes, come and fight for me!"
Death-"No! I have failed you sister! Agh."
Joke- Sings "Ring Around the Rosy"
Taunt: "Come and face death, it will come to you anyway!"

Playing As Alarac
Use your burst wisely. Get an enemy you need to kill and taunt him and then he his at your mercy.

Use your skeletons to hit low health champions dureing team fights. If you get them out of the fight, you have an advatage.

Playing Against Alarac
Beware of his burst capability and tuants. he has a high sustain and can quickly dispatch enemies in 1v1s. Take him on with numbers and he will be at a disadvantage.

Becareful if you have low health not ot get caught in the AoE of his untimate. The skeletons with target you first.

Suggested Items:
Core Items-
The Black Cleaver
Overlord's Bloodmail
Offensive Items:
Kitae's Bloodrazor
Prospector's Blade
Ravenous Hydra
Defensive Items:
Warmog's Armor
Runic Bulwark

EDITS
12/2/12-CDs on Q,W, and E lessened, an Starting HP increased.
12/3/12- re-worded several skills.
12/5/12 Reworded Several Skill. Buffed Skeleton movement speed. Changed name of Q- Credit to Breylin. Changed E to add MS for a short time. Health per minion kill debuffed. Added Difficulty Rating
12/6/12- Minor Edits to ultimate, lessened range of skeletons, and increased range of their ability to target enemy champions. Added Time for Skeleton Period on Ult.
12/10/12 Got rid of Armor pen Stat. Added level 5 CDs, and added taunt.
3/11/13- Mass edits for all stats. Added things to Ult and increased abilities CD. Added rank five stats. Added Suggested Items.

Shemsu Hor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2012

Alarac, Gaurdian of Elena.
white male, history teacher
cursed ring
the more deaths the more damage.
screen randomly turns black and alarac kills any champion(allies included) in the game but has all resistances reduced to 0 and life reduced to 500 for 20 seconds after screen reappears.

DarthDevor

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemsu Hor View Post
Alarac, Gaurdian of Elena.
white male, history teacher
cursed ring
the more deaths the more damage.
screen randomly turns black and alarac kills any champion(allies included) in the game but has all resistances reduced to 0 and life reduced to 500 for 20 seconds after screen reappears.
What?

DarthDevor

12-02-2012

bump

Draginath

12-02-2012

Simple and clean yet, I could see some interesting play with this guy. So let's take a look:

Resource: I really like the concept, and feel that it ties the entire champion together. However, I feel like it could be a little dodgy, making the champ nearly useless if he can't get kills, especially on champs. But, thematically, it's really excellent.

Passive: Solid, but the rank 1 regen seems pretty steep. Otherwise, it fits well with the resource by further rewarding him for getting those kills.

Q- CD seems a little long given the cooldown and damage and especially given his resource limitations. The resource alone is enough to warrant a CD closer to 10 sec.

W- Same deal as Q. CD is way too long for such a small amount of damage and steep cost.

E- Again, CD too long.

R- This is good. A cool, threatening ability akin to Tibbers. Unlike most pets they actually seem threatening and the fact that they stick around after Alarac is gone just adds to it.

Overall, it's a well thought out champion in terms of theme. The main problem is his ability cooldowns. Him being so limited by his resource is grounds for what would otherwise be OP abilities having short CDs, so definitely revise that. I might be missing something in regards to why you made them so long and expensive in the first place. If so, please tell me.

DarthDevor

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draginath View Post
Simple and clean yet, I could see some interesting play with this guy. So let's take a look:

Resource: I really like the concept, and feel that it ties the entire champion together. However, I feel like it could be a little dodgy, making the champ nearly useless if he can't get kills, especially on champs. But, thematically, it's really excellent.

Passive: Solid, but the rank 1 regen seems pretty steep. Otherwise, it fits well with the resource by further rewarding him for getting those kills.

Q- CD seems a little long given the cooldown and damage and especially given his resource limitations. The resource alone is enough to warrant a CD closer to 10 sec.

W- Same deal as Q. CD is way too long for such a small amount of damage and steep cost.

E- Again, CD too long.

R- This is good. A cool, threatening ability akin to Tibbers. Unlike most pets they actually seem threatening and the fact that they stick around after Alarac is gone just adds to it.

Overall, it's a well thought out champion in terms of theme. The main problem is his ability cooldowns. Him being so limited by his resource is grounds for what would otherwise be OP abilities having short CDs, so definitely revise that. I might be missing something in regards to why you made them so long and expensive in the first place. If so, please tell me.
Thanks for the reveiw. The main reason for the long CDs, was the fact that he is supposed to be a burst champion, but with high cost i do see what you mean. Part of the reason i decided to make it only possible to get darkness back killing was to encourage and rather imply offensive play. I will take your sugestions into account.

Thanks.

tabuk

12-02-2012

with non-base, you mean bonus ad?

DarthDevor

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabuk View Post
with non-base, you mean bonus ad?
Correct. I am going to re-word this soon.

DarthDevor

12-04-2012

bump

NobSaiboot

12-04-2012

Alrighty...Let's get right into it.

Passive : Built-in life-steal. Always nice to have.

Q : Interesting ability. Doesn't do a lot but it does taunt them (although you also said it fears them.) good way to set them up for something bad.

W : I'd buff this up a bit. Doesn't really scale that well and it costs too much once fully leveled while still not doing very much.

E : A nice DoT. Good amount of damage but that's a really long cooldown at early levels. Talon's DoT's CD is only 8 seconds at level 1 for a comparison.

R : Two Tibber's are better then one! :3 They do a solid amount of damage and the fact that they persist after you die will make the enemy team rage if you kill them. :3

All and all. Not a bad idea. Buff up your W and shorten the CD on your E and he'll be golden.