Must-have mid champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iralos7713

12-02-2012

Karthus, Morgana, Ryze, Orianna, Katarina, and Ahri are all fairly safe picks.

CL Lolshock

12-02-2012

If you can get good at Syndra she's good as ****.

Intellectional

12-02-2012

Karthus is overrated IMO. He's easily shut down and his ult is kind of a one-off that usually doesn't do much. Also, his kit encourages dying.

Dowwnwind

12-02-2012

my mid preferances for ranked are: mordekaiser and veiger.

mordekaiser because hes beefy, and will bully you. the key to a mordekaiser lane is understanding how to control the flow of minions, with morde you dont just spam your E and expect to get kills every time, but instead use it to bully your lane. ive shut down akali, pantheon, darius, teemo, and olaf top lane, and when i have midded with him, ive shut down, xerath, katarina, (although i have the most problems with her), and lux. i dont mid with him often though.

veiger because his stun can out zone your enemy from farm, and his W can hit for tons of damage when you build your q. hes an ap generator, and can get the most ap out of any champ in the game. also, his stun is great for gank set ups, or escaping. i play him a bit passive, and keep the minions at my turret, because it forces the enemy mid laner to get aggressive and try to turret dive you. so w - stun - q, and at level 6, you can basically take ove ryour lane.

LoneChipmunk

12-02-2012

Ahri and Gragas

Ferreira Pedro

12-02-2012

The must have champions are the ones you enjoy playing and are good with. If you got 2 or 3 you are pretty good with, you will be alright.

BiteChickens

12-02-2012

Heimerdinger, is so under-rated. And because of this, if you play him well, no one knows how to beat you because they don't see him enough to know what he does. I get so many kills from people thinking they can tank my turrets. I'll ult from base and get double kills. I can jungle and gank at the same time, I can farm while buying items at base...

He's so great. And ignore online 'tips' and 'guides' for Heimer because they are incredibly outdated and plain BAD. If they tell you to max out Missiles first instead of Turrets, or if they tell you to let Missiles do most of your damage, they are WRONG. It's all about turret placement. Be everywhere.

Waffletimewarp

12-02-2012

Cho'Gath shuts down whatever lane he wants.

But seriously, Cho works great as a counter to many mid champs.

Don Ring

12-02-2012

Well first things first, you should make sure that you can play all positions on the field before you jump into ranked because you aren't going to always be able to play the 2 positions you want. I feel this is important.

With that aside, some descent mid champions are Ahri, Ryze, Karthus, Anivia, Orianna, Galio. Unfortunately with some of these champions comes great difficulty for players new to them such as Anivia and Orianna.

But...maybe you should invest your spare IP into champions that can cover the roles you lack. Just my 2 cents.

awesomejak

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intellectional View Post
Karthus is overrated IMO. He's easily shut down and his ult is kind of a one-off that usually doesn't do much. Also, his kit encourages dying.
You obviously don't understand karthus... He is a debatable best mid... He puts pressure on every lane without ever even leaving his own. He can kill in seconds.