@Lyte Job Questions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trazier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambawarrior0 View Post
Not biased at all.
Ask your average LoL player if they'd like to work for riot or not and see what they'd say. I'd do almost anything to work there, but the air in LA might as well be the air on mars for all that I could breathe of it, and while I might consider myself above-average intelligence, I could never afford college and so don't have a crisp piece of paper that says i'm smart, so i'll never get to join the ranks.

C'est la vie.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

12-01-2012
4 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoHawkAxeLord View Post
This is actually what I'm going into for my degree path. Could you go into more detail about how Cognitive Psychology interacts with Video Games, and more specifically League of Legends?
To give some examples:

1) How would you create a system to encourage players not to AFK in games? Not to leave games?

2) What vision research could you use to help design Spectator Mode to be more aesthetic and pleasing to the observer?

3) What research in color blindness could you use to help improve Color Blind mode and to improve new features to be color-blind friendly?

Lyte

12-01-2012
5 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambawarrior0 View Post
Not biased at all.
You could call it bias, but I did choose to come to Riot instead of a few other top places in academics and industry.

Lyte

12-01-2012
6 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceAttorney72 View Post
Kayle is basically the face of the Tribunal. You and your team developed the Tribunal. Does this have anything to do with the relation between vision and behavior you were talking about? :P
Haha no, I've been playing top lane this season so a lot of Kayle, Irelia, Jax, Darius, etc.

Lyte

12-01-2012
7 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squippit View Post
^
Link fixed for the Riot group.

Trogtor

12-01-2012

Lyte, please get someone to look at all the threads about the current reconnect issue, It has been up for 30+ minutes, and I myself am experiencing it, all of us want to get back to no lifeing for ELO, Thank you

2112RuSh

12-01-2012

Seeing some comments here, it came a question to my mind. Do you research about the psychological efects of particles in the game when you are designing a champion, monster, etc? Like if nocturnes ult darkness its made the way it is because you studied the best way to make it "scary" or someone just did it without making any deep psycological research?

Griseldurf

12-01-2012

How would other degrees fit into this model; I am a graduate student in history and I love trying to improve both my game and my community interaction. Is there a specific time period that most internships take place like during summer time or is all year-round that internships occur?

Lyte

12-01-2012
8 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griseldurf View Post
How would other degrees fit into this model; I am a graduate student in history and I love trying to improve both my game and my community interaction. Is there a specific time period that most internships take place like during summer time or is all year-round that internships occur?
It depends on the student/person. For some students it's during the summer, for others it's during the fall quarter. Many interns finish their 3-6 month internship and return to school to finish their degree with full-time offers from Riot waiting for them when they are done.

RiotDerivative

Data Scientist

12-27-2012
9 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
this really is a dream job for any scientist who is interested in big sets of data and the potential to do experiments in a 'living' game.
It really is! And Lyte is one awesome dude!