some bull****

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmokeydBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2010

my modem failed mid game (a game we were destroying the other team btw)
i get the net working again, and go to log back in, and every time i try the reconnect button, the game tells me that i must have a firewall up and that i can't reconnect...which is **** since i don't have a firewall up
now i have a loss and my 1st leave EVER, as a result of the mac version being unable to reconnect me

FIX THIS

have never had a problem reconnecting on windows version

oh and i should probably add that as soon as the game was done, i was miraculously able to connect to the server again

semperfiordie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2010

This is a beta version of the game, there are always bugs in beta's you should know that is not going to run as smoothly as a finished version.

SmokeydBear

09-30-2010

i'm aware...but if there's a glitch that prevents me from returning to a ranked game, that's something that should be addressed...hence i bring it up here

LoneThrasher

09-30-2010

If it means that much to you, you shouldn't play a ranked game on a beta... beta have bugs and problems. You stated that you "know", so why are you acting surprised that something went wrong and writing drama filled posts?

SmokeydBear

09-30-2010

i love how instead of addressing the problem i get a bunch of trolls saying "you mad brah?"
of course i'm paraphrasing
the entire point of this post was to point out an issue i've had using the mac version of the game so that it might be fixed in the future...and if u kids have nothing better to do than talk ****...plz keep it to yourselves

hottsoup

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeydBear View Post
i love how instead of addressing the problem i get a bunch of trolls saying "you mad brah?"
of course i'm paraphrasing
the entire point of this post was to point out an issue i've had using the mac version of the game so that it might be fixed in the future...and if u kids have nothing better to do than talk ****...plz keep it to yourselves
Smokey, the problem isn't that you are pointing out a glitch with the mac version.

The problem is the way you are doing it.

1. the title. "some bull****" the title should have been something along the lines of "reconnection issues"
2. You WERE mad,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeydBear View Post
every time i try the reconnect button, the game tells me that i must have a firewall up and that i can't reconnect...which is **** since i don't have a firewall up

You are beta testing, the point isn't just "oh sweet i get to play LoL on my mac" its supposed to be "oh sweet, i get to help figure out what needs to be fixed with the mac version, so that problems like this won't happen, and riot can put out a solid client for mac users"

just go, calm down, and then maybe people will stop treating you like a kid.

wotabc

Producer

10-01-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

To be fair, that IS very angering. Forwarding this along to test and engineering to see if we can pin it down. Is this something that's happened before or a once only time on the Mac. I know you're not excited about trying to test it again, so I'm not suggesting that. We can look at it from this side, but knowing the frequency of occurance makes debugging easier.

hottsoup

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draker View Post
To be fair, that IS very angering. Forwarding this along to test and engineering to see if we can pin it down. Is this something that's happened before or a once only time on the Mac. I know you're not excited about trying to test it again, so I'm not suggesting that. We can look at it from this side, but knowing the frequency of occurance makes debugging easier.
I do agree that it would be angering.

He said it was when his router dropped out. I'll go see if I can duplicate it today.

SmokeydBear

10-01-2010

actually it was the modem not the router...and yes, it only happened this once...i've had similar issues while playing on windows, but was able to reconnect without issue once the connection was reestablished

Kixxie

10-01-2010

Have you considered that your modem assigned a new IP and that that IP was different from the IP that was configured to use in the game, hince why it didn't connect you? :x

I'm not too sure if it works like that, or if it locks it in via account name but I have noticed on the window side if I move from my desktop, to my laptop during a reconnect, I get this SAME issue, I'm not sure if it helps at all bro