Hi, I'm Griftrix, Let me explain my job title

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

11-30-2012
82 of 96 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute 42 View Post
Hey griftrix, if we made another meme for you, which would it be?

1. "I'm just here to promote meaningful discussion"

2. Something about dragons
The second one for sure!

DaMiTzNhan

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
The second one for sure!
Do you like black rods or white rods?

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

11-30-2012
83 of 96 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidBlank View Post
I'm a software engineering student and I don't have much interest in graphics programming like you do (but I do still find it really cool, just not what I imagine myself doing). What are some things that you could suggest doing so that I can find my passion.

Right now I've been doing data mining, but it's meh. Any examples so that I can start learning them and training in them?
If you like helping other people deliver their vision, then program games. Tools is a great thing that everyone needs and is often overlooked. Good tools help the largest part of your dev staff. I studied math and CS. Just make sure you use C++ as much as you can. I heard it's falling out of fashion in school because business don't use it. Really, just program a game engine and a game. You will find out which parts interest you the most if any at all.

DaMiTzNhan

11-30-2012

Quote:
If you like helping other people deliver their vision, then program games. Tools is a great thing that everyone needs and is often overlooked. Good tools help the largest part of your dev staff. I studied math and CS. Just make sure you use C++ as much as you can. I heard it's falling out of fashion in school because business don't use it. Really, just program a game engine and a game. You will find out which parts interest you the most if any at all.
What's your favorite race?
Mine is the whites.

StupidBlank

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Quote:
Thanks!

TurtleCommando

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Ahoy Grift! Impressive thread here, thanks for making it. It's always cool to see more Reds become a larger part of the community, and you've been doing so much for us.

Now go home and be a family man.

DaMiTzNhan

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCommando View Post
Now go home and be a family man.
This doesn't even make sense, you're just saying nonsense.

TBK

11-30-2012

Dear Griftrix,

I'm sure this question has been answered about a hundred times, but it's a long list. I am 20 years old and about to start college. My passion is video games...pretty much everything about them. I have been playing video games since I was four years old, and by "playing video games" I mean I have played a good four to eight hours a day every day....forever. In fact my day is not complete until I get at least one video game in. I am a connoisseur of sorts, I love every type of video game, from sports to rpgs, shooters, action-adventure, racing...if it has a category I'll play it...and even if it doesn't I'll look into it.

I have decided that Video games are my passion and my life and I would like to choose a career that involves video games. Eventually I want to start my own company just like Brandon Beck and Mark Merrill did; where I can make my own games and put my unique ideas out there. See, My father was a construction worker, and through him I've learned that you can't expect people to do work for you that you aren't capable of or willing to try and do yourself. With that philosophy in mind I have decided to start my grand adventure in the world of animation.

My problem is I just plain don't know where to get started. What do I major in? What do I use to animate stuff? How do I turn billions of numbers and letters into lines, and turn those lines into people and places and music and amazement that is the modern video game?

Now I'm not asking you to run my life Mr. Trix. I would just like to know....where do I start?!?

DaMiTzNhan

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBK View Post
My problem is I just plain don't know where to get started. What do I major in? How do I turn billions of numbers and letters into lines, and turn those lines into people and places and music and amazement that is the modern video game?

Now I'm not asking you to run my life Mr. Trix. I would just like to know....where do I start?!?
Lol, you're quite deluded.

Absolute 42

11-30-2012

Quote:
The second one for sure!
So sayeth the mighty Griftrix. It shall be done.

Soar on dragons' wings, great grifter.