What would you like to see included in the January sales event?

50% off boosts 995 5.40%
50% off rune pages 3,102 16.82%
RP purchases get extra bonus RP (similar to September) 3,340 18.11%
50% off skin super sale (10+ skins, including some never before on sale) 9,854 53.44%
75% off skin retirement (retiring several older skins to the legacy vault) 7,310 39.64%
50% off legacy skins (bringing back some retired skins not currently in the store) 8,919 48.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18441. You may not vote on this poll

Player Choice January Sales Event

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Okami

11-28-2012

Prices for anyone wondering.

Time to pick up a few skins I missed!

260 RP - Crimson Akali
260 RP - Pharaoh Amumu
260 RP - Red Riding Annie
260 RP - Nightmare Cho'Gath
260 RP - Mr. Mundoverse
260 RP - Toxic Dr. Mundo
260 RP - Masquerade Evelynn
260 RP - Nottingham Ezreal
260 RP - Desert Trooper Garen
230 RP - Phantom Karthus
260 RP - Swamp Master Kennen
260 RP - Sonoran Kog'Maw
260 RP - Shamrock Malphite
260 RP - Vizier Malzahar
260 RP - Dragon Knight Mordekaiser
260 RP - Leopard Nidalee
260 RP - Sasquatch Nunu
260 RP - Noxus Poppy
260 RP - Frozen Shen
260 RP - Yellow Jacket Shen
260 RP - Hextech Sion
260 RP - Emerald Taric
260 RP - Badger Teemo
260 RP - Highland Tryndamere
260 RP - Kingpin Twitch
260 RP - Butcher Urgot
260 RP - Time Machine Zilean
487 RP - Matador Alistar
487 RP - Safari Caitlyn
487 RP - Scuba Gragas
487 RP - Angler Jax
487 RP - Unmasked Kayle
487 rP - Blacksmith Poppy
487 RP - Professor Ryze
487 RP - Workshop Shaco
487 RP - Spectacular Sivir
487 RP - Feral Warwick
910? RP - Annie In Wonderland
910? RP - Red Baron Corki
910? RP - Alien Invader Heimerdinger
910? RP - Firefighter Tristana
910? RP - The Magnificent Twisted Fate

JBownages

11-28-2012

Where is nutcracko skin for shaco?

Rpture Jarvan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

So.... Support is going to give me a refund on my firefighter tristana skin due to this news right?
Why did I pay 1820 for this skin when it will now become 50% off after claims from reds that legendary skins will NEVER go on sale.

Whether you decide to put them in the legacy vault or fully retire them, they ARE legendary, were legendary and always will be. Putting them half off is a slap in the face to anyone who purchased these skins. Especially the tf and annie skin owners.

xAltairis

11-28-2012

Damn, I wanted the 4th option.

KillerNoName

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimstopper View Post
So.... Support is going to give me a refund on my firefighter tristana skin due to this news right?
Why did I pay 1820 for this skin when it will now become 50% off after claims from reds that legendary skins will NEVER go on sale.

Whether you decide to put them in the legacy vault or fully retire them, they ARE legendary, were legendary and always will be. Putting them half off is a slap in the face to anyone who purchased these skins. Especially the tf and annie skin owners.
I made a whole thread about this here and on reddit, and most people don't understand the distinctions between the skin attributes nor do they understand how customers like you and I are getting screwed. I'm just going to spam support about this, as I'm fairly confident this will go through. I'd also settle for the hook up, letting me buy a limited edition skin at full price per legendary I bought. Increase revenue, they don't lose any monies, and I won't nark!

KillerNoName

11-28-2012

So are the legacy skins going on sale all at the time same, or in parts unannounced from now til th end?

Sushi Battleship

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimstopper View Post

yeah i feel ya. I own Annie Legendary and Heimer Legendary.

Baculus

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
That's the plan. They were retired because they were not up to the quality standards of newer Legendary skins, and like all retired Legacy skins, they are eligible to go on sale at a price that better reflects the current quality standards. Those who bought them at full price owned them for months or years longer than those who will have the opportunity to buy them on sale, and therefore got more value out of them.

As always, Legendaries that are currently active in the store will not go on sale.
When the skins were retired Riot staffers claimed the reason they were not discounted was because they were legendary skins and would never be discounted. I bought Fire Fighter Tristana in good faith of those claims.

If this really goes through I, and everyone else who bought a legacy Legendary skin that was going to the vault, deserve a refund for the difference in RP.

No excuses.

HotDream

11-28-2012

Bring back the Riot Striker skins such as Striker Ezreal and Striker Akali as well as Referee Katarina!

Boyahda

11-28-2012

Does anyone have a list of skins that hasn't been put on sale yet?