Summoner Name Cleanup and 50% Off Name Change Sale

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glorianos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

How about a level 8 summoner who hasn't played a game for 19 months? = )

TwistedFlame

11-27-2012

Hippalus, just wondering.
I know if you have the name you want as an account you can submit a ticket to get the names swaped if you have the rp on your account.
Would the sale be applied to that? I really want to change my name :P

EDIT:
Also, my one account isn't level 8, but it has games played in the last 2 months.
Will it get cleaned?

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

11-27-2012
5 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjamon View Post
@Hippalus: Do we have to use the name change right away after purchasing or is it something that can be used/activated sometime later after purchasing?
You must choose your new name before you can purchase a Summoner Name Change (in the Other tab of the Store), and it happens immediately.

Mr Carpeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

oh my fu..ing god , just yesterday i changed my name ... whyyy riot why!!!!? i wasted 1300 damn rp ... why!!!! this is the worst day of my life .. meh .. i could bought arcade sona and taric ..... well.. shi..t ...happens... meh.. and i want the BF

DoozleDorf

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revverend View Post
Will you be able to check if your desired new summoner name is available -before- dropping RP on it? I don't wanna buy the name change and not be able to get the name I want...have to settle for another misspelling....
You can easily check it at that time by just clicking on the Summoner Name Change icon in the store... it has an entry field there that will check if your desired name is currently available. It doesn't allow you to purchase it without a few more "are you sure.." clicks, so no worries. Use it at the time of the sale, and voila!

To see if the name you want will be available, you would need to go to lolking.net here
http://www.lolking.net/charts?region...ion-popularity
to check the history of any name (they would have to be below lvl 6 and no games played in 2012).

EllieEnchanted

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mine View Post
Hippalus, what is the reasoning behind the reservation of champion names, such as Akali and Caitlyn?
obvious answer is obvious

JustMyBassCannon

11-27-2012

That's depressing. I got my summoner name change about two months too early.

Layla

11-27-2012

So for clarification, all the names will be freed upon patch completion? Or will it be like last time where it was an ongoing process and we have to sit for hours and spam "Check for availability"?

Everfaust

11-27-2012

These changes are in "prep" for season 3??
So does that mean we wont see season 3 till the 26th then?

Darth Melkor

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
You must choose your new name before you can purchase a Summoner Name Change (in the Other tab of the Store), and it happens immediately.
Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Also, major props to you and everyone else involved with this. Much obliged, my friend.