Summoner Name Cleanup and 50% Off Name Change Sale

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tidax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhYouFancy View Post
Cool I can finally justify changing my name from Booggabooblink after Riot changed it from Jiggaboochink now that it is cheap.

This account name is still pretty sweet though.
and you prefer call u OhYouFancy? O_o what class of name is it?

Cynical Shady

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Unfortunately with a live game like LoL, patch timing is not entirely predictable. Patch 1.73 is targeted for early morning on December 11th but it could come any day after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicaIChaos View Post
Kk so i've wanted to have the official CynicalChaos since the start, (CynicaiChaos atm). It shows on the loadscreen for games that the l is clearly an i, and it really bugs me.

The official CynicalChaos is lv 5, and hasn't played a game since January 6th, 2012.

Please make an exception and wipe this guy's name, i need to be all i can be!
hippy pls

Baam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

this has been discussed on GD, and if you paid attention you would've seen it coming. what's with all of these, "darn, i just changed my name "

especially when they're new, stupid names >.>

Darth Melkor

11-27-2012

@Hippalus: Do we have to use the name change right away after purchasing or is it something that can be used/activated sometime later after purchasing?

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

11-27-2012
4 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliai View Post
Awesome. Any chance for a more extensive sweep at a later date, Hippalus?
Yes! It has been a year since we've done a cleanup like this so we're being somewhat conservative, but I'd like to do a few more in 2013 where we increase the level cap and/or decrease the time needed to become inactive.

Mine

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revverend View Post
Will you be able to check if your desired new summoner name is available -before- dropping RP on it? I don't wanna buy the namechange and not be able to get the name I want...have to settle for another misspelling....
Yes, you click on the Summoner Name Change item, which brings up the name change interface. Type in your desired name and hit check. If it's available, then have fun. You don't even need RP to check if a name is available.

oldmcdoogle

11-27-2012

I think it'd be a lot better to see unranked people of any level that have not played since S1 get their accounts removed.

Lord Poet

11-27-2012

Turns out my Epic Awesome Name is shared by... a monster from some Pokemon-esque anime.... >.<

So this is fantastic news for me, thanks very much for being the bearer of good tidings Hippalus.

Mine

11-27-2012

Hippalus, what is the reasoning behind the reservation of champion names, such as Akali and Caitlyn?

UltimateSelfie

11-27-2012

so we will not have any updates untill Dec 11th~26th? wow.......Nid's remake and Nami.. where they go :3?