Do Riot employees get to play LoL at work?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

League matches are actually how many office disputes are settled.

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

11-27-2012
1 of 8 Riot Posts

Riot is a pretty cool work place where you're expected to get your work done, and you're held accountable when you don't.

But how you complete your work is largely left up to you. If you need to take a breather for a bit, or play a game or two...

I really enjoy it, especially compared to previous jobs where I often felt like my every move was being watched and monitored. There's a lot of trust here which is really empowering.

Fatalfugus

11-27-2012

Riot sounds like such an awesome place to work... jealousy.

Khell DarkWolf

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Riot is a pretty cool work place where you're expected to get your work done, and you're held accountable when you don't.

But how you complete your work is largely left up to you. If you need to take a breather for a bit, or play a game or two...

I really enjoy it, especially compared to previous jobs where I often felt like my every move was being watched and monitored. There's a lot of trust here which is really empowering.
If only jobs were like this.

I get this feeling all the time where I work at.

/Envy

GriMmehHeaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post

That's what I figured. Seems like a great work environment.

Ryedan

Visual Designer

11-27-2012
2 of 8 Riot Posts

Someone queue for 3v3! I've been waiting 8 minutes for a match at lunch

NJ Gamer

11-27-2012

im up for 3's

Damiya

Technical Analyst

11-27-2012
3 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph View Post
League matches are actually how many office disputes are settled.
Once upon a time there were three little QA Analysts at Riot Games. We'll call them A, J, and V

Uncle Ryze needed a Platform Analyst and a Gameplay Analyst. And i guess a third Analyst but we don't talk about the short, evil V.

In any case, no one knew how best to figure out which QA Analyst should work on which side of things, so a resolution was sought:

1v1, middle.

Many moons later, the victorious J is the most Senior Gameplay Analyst in the office, and A remains the most knowledgeable Platform Analyst on the team.

You see, that's really the only way to answer questions with a degree of true finality: take it to the Fields of Justice.

Vortel

11-27-2012

I play the occasional game of League at work, and I don't even work at Riot!

TheMonocleRogue

11-27-2012

I can understand why Riot allows its employees free time to play LoL. I can't imagine a single gaming company that wouldn't allow creative freedom for their employees.

Oh wait...

123456 ... 7