You cant be serious about this ban

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genspirit

11-26-2012

"spammed his taunt all match. i will never watch batman with joker ever again"

wholly **** that made me laugh

PallasAthens

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUnne View Post
Is it that hard to figure out though, honestly? Don't be a jerk. It's simple.
Spamming emotes isn't really being a jerk though. Like, I like using Wukongs laugh because it makes me laugh. It's a great laugh.

In essence, the logic is faulty because anything can be seen as being a jerk. Not letting support CS, jerk AD. Not letting mid get wraiths, jerk jungle. Not ganking a lane...jerk jungle again. Top being top and pushing it while not helping his team(Even if he's doing good), jerk top.

In a game where anything can be contrived as being a jerk, and where users decide...very faulty.

T174N

11-26-2012

gonna ban dyrus riot?

kitty headbutts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Rofl really riot? terrible attempt at covering up your terrible game. You could easily fix this problem if you knew it was a real ''problem''. All you have to do if you really dont want people spamming it is to put a delay on it. some emotes have this? if you REALLY wanted to punish them for doing it then impliment this. Otherwise dont call someone a jerk if you're basically giving them everything they need to annoy people.

"gives young kids sugar and caffeine, tell them not to make too much noise"

see the irony in this?

QZip

11-26-2012

WookieeCookie, can we just cap the number of emotes you have in a game to x+1 per y? Make the numbers fairly generous. Pings are capped based on time to prevent abuse, why not emotes?

SlumlordThanatos

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocmerc View Post
Ima leave this relevant link here.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...age%23t%3D175s

Fix'd link
On one hand, that's strategy. On the other hand, that's being an annoying jackass. See my above personal story on how that turned out.

Kind of a grey area, but a Riot employee basically condoning it? Not so grey.

Apology inc?

EDIT: Even if it was a joke, anything that could even potentially offend people shouldn't have gotten the green light.

tempnameA461

11-26-2012

"Offense is taken, not given. Stop stealing. You people have enough bad stereotypes."

Ask For A Gank

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOpT_...ailpage#t=175s

That is all. unban the man

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

11-26-2012
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elric Sadricson View Post
I should probably drop it, I know, but I still can't bring myself to terms with the fact that you can get a time ban for spamming emotes. I mean, could someone get a permanent ban for this, or only a time ban? Also, in Phreak's champion spotlight of Singed, he actually suggests that you rebind Singed's /laugh to an easily reachable key so that you can spam it and distract your lane opponent.

Maybe he was a toxic player, actually, chances are he was, but can we really justify the last straw for his ban being that he emoted too much? =/
Let's be clear here. He didn't get a ban for simply "spamming emotes". He got banned for intentionally harassing and annoying his team mates over the course of many many games.

Abusing the emote feature is simply the way he chose to do this. That's the core of my post. Don't be a jerk.

You yourself admit to using the taunt emote in your games, especially as Singed. Yet you have never been banned by the Tribunal. In fact, you are no where near being close to being banned by the Tribunal.

What makes your case, and the case of a toxic player so different? You're less concerned with making other players mad. That's not your goal. You like to play League of Legends, and you like to win, sometimes you like the occasional laugh.

You are not a jerk.

A toxic player on the other hand likes to see people get mad. He does things to get a reaction out of them. He feeds off of their displeasure and it fuels him to do it even more.

He is a jerk.

Would a player get permanently banned by the Tribunal for such an offense?

Well it depends. Did they get a Warning?

Did they refuse to change after the Warning and then get a 3 Day Suspension?

Did they refuse to change after the 3 Day Suspension and then get a 7 Day Suspension?

Did they refuse to change after the 7 Day Suspension and then get a 14 Day Suspension?

If they did all that and refused to change. Then yes. They could get perma-banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AotW King View Post
Oh god You might have opened the flood gates but if not then this probably will.

Whats my reported ratio at? I'm a pretty lax guy and I find it hard to get genuinely mad about things people say on the internet but that also means I bet I'm pretty harsh sometimes.

Also about those in game tips that say things like.

"People who verbally harass their teammates lose 16% more often"

It makes me feel like your either challenging me to bring that percent up or down both of which require me to first verbally harass my team. So assuming no reds respond saying differently I'll assume your challenging me to bring the percent down because we want everyone to win more right?

Challenge Accepted.

EDIT: I mainly want to know if my behavior in game is fine or if I should be nicer if I don't want to get in trouble. Also never been warned.

You're right, that is the floodgates, and it's not really what I'm here to do and it's not what this thread is going to devolve into, so I'm not going to make a habit of doing it. With that said you share a similar percentage:. .03% of the games you've played have reports in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutarsky Blues View Post
How bout answering the question of feeding when you just loose your lane and have certain players rage at you. I died twice in lane to a better player and had a player on my team accuse me of feeding and said they would report me. This is unwanted and unwarranted stress caused by the system in place. It is not as simple as "don't be a jerk".
Often players say " i will report you" and then they never do. Take your story for example, you are in no way shape or form close to a Tribunal case. In fact, you've actually only been reported in .08% of the games you've played.

This is hardly the kind of consistent toxic behavior I see from players who end up in the Tribunal.

Breathe easy friend and if someone gets mad at you for a bad game, ignore them.

They're just being a jerk anyways.

Wishing Umbreon

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
"If I slip up in one game do I have to worry about a ban?"

But the easy answer is: No. You don't.
I can confirm that. I was sent to the tribunal at least once and pardoned. How do I know that? someone on the enemy team recognized my user name in the middle of the summer from the tribunal, but I was never warned or banned. My hypothesis is I was reported for feeding when I was just playing poorly.