Riot, Make a Widely Seen Announcement that Pick Order > Calling in Draft

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 48
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RD Bones

11-26-2012

For whatever reason, the amount that I've been seeing this happen lately has increased dramatically. If you find it irritating that people find it justifiable to troll a game because your last pick called ad carry but your first picked it despite the call, up vote and bump.

And yes, it's in the summoner code, folks.

Quote:
Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If youíre the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasnít already been filled.

SuddenlyPony

11-26-2012

Here. Follow the red posts.

Kahlebb

11-26-2012

Please. Please. Please.

I'm ALL about people playing the roles that they are best at/succeed with/enjoy...

But I HATE that I'm the only one that cares about winning enough to compromise.

Damiya

Technical Analyst

11-26-2012
1 of 11 Riot Posts

There is no official stance. At this time there is no intention to create an official stance.

The most recent word on the matter is here, from Pendragon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
I don't think it's possible for us to have an official stance. I think there's a grey line here where sometimes it's fine and sometimes it isn't fine.

Be socially aware, try to be flexible, communicate both ways, etc.
Communicate, work with your team, focus on creating a good experience for all. Talking to people works pretty well! I've not had a single game today where i've been unable to negotiate some lane trades after people call them. Try it some time

blitz4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotDamiya View Post
There is no official stance. At this time there is no intention to create an official stance.

Communicate, work with your team, focus on creating a good experience for all. Talking to people works pretty well! I've not had a single game today where i've been unable to negotiate some lane trades after people call them. Try it some time
But your also a red....These people will obviously be willing to trade with you. (No offense intended)

2 Swainz

11-26-2012

I'd rather have people call the lane they are best at and do well instead of getting stuck in a role they suck at because of pick order. Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes it's not.

BlGFISH

11-26-2012

Many people are not willing to compromise, and ends up in me being a 2nd pick support or else the last person will do like a dumb pick or a double mid lane or top and have a solo bot.

I mean I want to win, but I also don't want to be jungle or support everygame (I like both roles, but I also like all roles)

SuddenlyPony

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotDamiya View Post

I guess that's a decent enough tl;dr for my post's link and direction... coughIlinkedthatthreadcough

The McSmashy

11-26-2012

The people who want a verdict on 'Call vs Pick' order are the people who want one to reign supreme.

The people who don't care are the people who realize that communication is more important than either, and not being a dick, too.

Caring about Call vs Pick is what's actually causing the problem. If you can only play one lane, realize the handicap that puts on your team. If you won't let someone play a lane they're good at, realize that you're the one making them play worse this game. And if you won't compromise, you're at fault.

Oh, and if you're taking Top or Mid as an early pick, you're an idiot.

Damiya

Technical Analyst

11-26-2012
2 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz4 View Post
But your also a red....These people will obviously be willing to trade with you. (No offense intended)
Plenty of people don't realise what "Riot" means ingame. I also don't have problems on my smurf.

Com-mune-ik-a-shun. It's more than just a weird word for Reds.

(Get it?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuddenlyPony View Post
I guess that's a decent enough tl;dr for my post's link and direction... coughIlinkedthatthreadcough
Yea I started writing a reply and had to look it up. You got there first. *hat tip*. Well, no hat, or mask. *hair flick* ;D

1234511 ... 48