You cant be serious about this ban

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tony Mõntana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

The whole idea is stupid, the point of a "taunt" is to taunt the enemy.

IF he did annoy the other player then he used it properly, why did riot put emotes in game AND enable the enemy team to hear it?

General Quackers

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
I like how everyone keeps jumping to this conclusion.
Grabbing Shaco and spamming his taunt for the sake of hearing it? Yeah, he's being an ass.

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFr0sty View Post
The whole idea is stupid, the point of a "taunt" is to taunt the enemy.

IF he did annoy the other player then he used it properly, why did riot put emotes in game AND enable the enemy team to hear it?
Again, there's a difference between this
/t

And this
/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t/t

PerkyDotair

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempnameA461 View Post
Really?
I thought it was because we're weak.
Caring about the opinions of others is such a shameful trait. Real men don't care about anybody or anything.

batchynator

11-26-2012

To be honest, that's just another part of the game, banning for that is stupid. Poppy's ult in conjunction with her getting you mad is a good strategy, and is actually used to psyche people out even in top level events like football, or poker.

MathMage

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch Equals LAG View Post
I'm just trying to analyze what ppl said using a scientific approach instead of simply posting "jerk, u deserve the ban becuz of u got 900 reports in the last 100 gamse u played"
*cough* Statistically, if you got 9 reports per game for 100 games, the odds that you were illegitimately reported in any of them are effectively zero. Presumably you aren't intending to say otherwise; did you have a different point you wanted to make, perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch Equals LAG View Post
again, back to the point
are u getting mad easily when someone is spamming emote?
go to see a doctor, u need
Depends on the context, which is precisely the point.

Dalze

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by batchynator View Post
To be honest, that's just another part of the game, banning for that is stupid. Poppy's ult in conjunction with her getting you mad is a good strategy, and is actually used to psyche people out even in top level events like football, or poker.
Ever heard the term "Unsportsmanlike Conduct"? Yep, it's a penalty in football and is often called in cases like this, where the taunt is exaggerated.

DJay Saint

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Don't be a jerk.

You can see in his matches that other players ask him to stop. They even do so nicely at some points. But this player doesn't care. He doesn't care because he's being a jerk.
So what you're saying is, if I'm ever in a game and someone uses any emotes in lane at me, I should report them and then get them banned because my little feelings got hurt? That big mean jerk!

Seriously, in EVERY game I play people use emotes all the time. Some times people will sit in front of your tower and spam the taunt emote in a mocking manner, or the laugh emote. Do I feel the need to cry about it and report them to get them banned? As long as they were talking trash in all chat and straight up flaming me and saying things like "you're a noob ******!", then not at all.

I just can't believe this is actually an acceptable punishment, and you justify it by a very vague rule that can only be defined by an OPINION. In fact, I remember Riot actually enabling emotes to be spammed a while ago, and a dev post or some sort of announcement actually advertising it so people CAN spam emotes.

Why punish someone for it if emotes were enabled this way on PURPOSE to BE SPAMMED? That's just stupid.

Is it annoying to listen to someone spam emotes all game? Yeah some times. However I don't feel the need to get teary eyed and go tell mommy. People need to grow up and stop being such a baby about things like this. There are MUCH worse things someone can do in a match than just use an emote, like purposely troll your team and lose intentionally (had that 2 games in a row tonight).

If he was harassing someone, calling them names, etc. then I can understand. If he's just using an emote that was intentionally designed to be spammed? That's bull****.

tempnameA461

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
Grabbing Shaco and spamming his taunt for the sake of hearing it? Yeah, he's being an ass.
That is completely different.
Everyone keeps jumping to the conclusion that he's being an a-hole for the sake of being an a-hole.

What if he's being an a-hole because that's how he has fun?
It has nothing to do with pissing you off to piss you off.
It's about pissing you off to have fun.
That may not make him not guilty, but the degree of guiltiness shift significantly.

PerkyDotair

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJay Saint View Post
So what you're saying is, if I'm ever in a game and someone uses any emotes in lane at me, I should report them and then get them banned because my little feelings got hurt? That big mean jerk!

Seriously, in EVERY game I play people use emotes all the time. Some times people will sit in front of your tower and spam the taunt emote in a mocking manner, or the laugh emote. Do I feel the need to cry about it and report them to get them banned? Not at all.

I just can't believe this is actually an acceptable punishment, and you justify it by a very vague rule that can only be defined by an OPINION. In fact, I remember Riot actually enabling emotes to be spammed a while ago, and a dev post or some sort of announcement actually advertising it so people CAN spam emotes.

Why punish someone for it if emotes were enabled this way on PURPOSE to BE SPAMMED? That's just stupid.

Is it annoying to listen to someone spam emotes all game? Yeah some times. However I don't feel the need to get teary eyed and go tell mommy. People need to grow up and stop being such a baby about things like this. There are MUCH worse things someone can do in a match than just use an emote, like purposely troll your team and lose intentionally.

If he was harassing someone, calling them names, etc. then I can understand. If he's just using an emote that was intentionally designed to be spammed? That's bull****.

You obviously know the difference. This is your argument:

Hugging somebody in real life is fine, but that guy got arrested because he hugged the same person (who he didn't know) 600 times a day for three weeks. That's bull****! So now it's okay to charge anybody for hugging anyone?

It's okay to have *** with somebody. It's not okay to have *** with somebody without their consent.

See the difference? Context.