Randomly Blue or Purple

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oh No Bananas

11-26-2012

I was just thinking that it would be beneficial if we during bot games you were randomly assigned either Blue OR Purple so you could practice that side. I am proposing that going into the match you don't know but are just given a side randomly...

Just an idea...

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

11-26-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

This is in my backlog, I just need to find time to do it.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Definitely want that for Coop.

But for solo-queue, I feel we should consistently alternate between blue and purple side.
When repeatedly entering solo-queue, a pattern like 'blue, blue, blue, purple, purple, purple, blue, blue, blue' would probably work.

I have a hunch that because of the angle differences, we actually play some champions better or worse depending on the side of the map we're on.
I think both Riot and the players would benefit from a feature that split our ranked stats based on which side of the map we're on.

Example:
Let's say Player 'Q' is an avid jungler, who loves Nocturne and Nunu.
He has a win-rate of: 80% for Nocturne and 65% for Nunu. (And because of this, lately, he's playing less Nunu)

It could turn out that, when it comes to Nocturne, Player 'Q' actually has a win-rate of 65% on blue side, and 95% on purple side. And for Nunu: Blue side - 85%, Purple side - 45%
Wouldn't such data suggest his win-rate could improve a bit from choosing Nocturne and Nunu for purple and blue side, respectively, more exclusively?

It's oversimplified and there's many more factors, but I think so.

Jabe

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsOfGrandeur View Post
But for solo-queue, I feel we should consistently alternate between blue and purple side.
When repeatedly entering solo-queue, a pattern like 'blue, blue, blue, purple, purple, purple, blue, blue, blue' would probably work.
If a side-ordering was enforced for matchmaking, that would greatly increase the time it would take to find a match. What if 80% of people in queue were waiting on another blue side game?

Oh No Bananas

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
This is in my backlog, I just need to find time to do it.
hehe thats great to hear, any chance we could get the chatlogs to follow from character selection through the game to the after game chat as well?