Pet Champion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaiser Celedorn

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
But I'm just asking for clarification from people. I'm trying not to give editorial (but a little sneaks by now and then).
I have no idea if you are allowed this, but please refer to the Dota champion known as Lone Druid.

This is what I would call a prototypical "pet champion". The pet's kit synergizes with main champion kit to produce utility, various power level (if pet is with you or not), and an expanded item build (build the pet or the champ).

Also examine beast master, which uses a concept similar to Yorick. However his pets are more permanent, giving player more of a "pet champion" feel than yorick.

Conclusion:

Players are looking for a champion who has

1. Permanent pet
2. pet must be more than cosmetic, or a few more dmg (not just zyra flowers)
3. can function by itself, but produces insane synergy when together with main champ
4. allow champion to build to strengthen either the pet or the main champ in completely different directions.

Kikhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Out of curiosity how feasible or interesting of an idea would it be of having the abillity to flip control to playing the pet or the master?

Start with a pet and like with Zed's shadow W instead press R and you could switch to it gaining control and different abillities then the master.

Overall your going to wind up with duel use abillities in most any kit set up. Also overall there will be serious balancing complications with a pet since you are adding another unit to the field the opponents have to deal with.

To make it the most interesting. I like the idea of choosing different pets that then support fulfilling different roles depending on the pet chosen.

NightVicious

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirding ways View Post
My...God....
I went through every post of this 11 page thread talking about pet champions, and not one person even mentions malzahar. Not once.
He gets spammable voidlings that scale with his ad, with a fairly controllable ai with his e and his r (just have to know how his attack priority works), ad malzahar is by FAR the closest thing to what you're looking for.

Edit: Xerxes13reak mentioned him once as i was writing this, honorable mention to him. For the rest of you, shame on you!
In all fairness to ottoawesome, he mentioned Malz the page before >.>

Echorion

11-26-2012

Basically someone like Drizzt Do'Urden and Guenhwyvar

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

11-26-2012
9 of 9 Riot Posts

I think the ideas in this thread have gotten MUCH more clear. Thanks for spelling things out more explicitly, I think it is really helping the discussion.

Vinta Calvert

11-26-2012

Griftrix, I appreciate you stepping in and trying to clarify things and make discussion easier, but your focus (from my persepective) is too much on movement control of the pet, making too many references to Orianna (even after people told you "No, Tibbers' movement is more accurate to what we're looking for").

Now, onto my idea of how a pet champion should work:

Movement:

Follow the champion unless directed to attack a target, or move to target location via Alt + Right Click.

Abilities:

I think one or two abilities should be some form of steroid, to both pet and champion, and/or just to the pet.

One ability should be an attack from the champion, possibly involving quick movement from the pet (This is were we can think about Oriana, relating to her Q)

And the ultimate ability should initiate attacks from both the champion and the pet.

BloodWorth

11-26-2012

I think it would be cool to do a Pet champion every game i play they are always my favorite. Starting level 1 with R as Summon (whatever it is). It can be killed and when killed the cooldown is activated. say a 20 second cool down so targeting the pet will benefit you in killing the champion. The cooldown is so once dead it isnt respawned right away. Q, maybe a small gap closer for the pet something like graves range. W, pet attack speed. E aoe skill around the pet.

Made those silly skills off the top of my head but the only one i put thought into was the R.

No CC as i feel having two targets for the enemy to focus on is already good enough. Pet takes a part of the champs stats.

The only problem I can see is building tanky ad/ap and you and your pet being too tanky to take down. That is why the pet should TAKE part of his stats. Not just use similar stats but lower the champs stats by a percentage so tanky ad/ap doesnt get out of hand.

Edit: At level 6,11,18 when ranking up the ult would be when your pet takes your stats. So early game you dont get destroyed by being weaker.

destructionX

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I think the ideas in this thread have gotten MUCH more clear. Thanks for spelling things out more explicitly, I think it is really helping the discussion.
have a pet that has sub abilities. like in the spot where you choose to evolve khas abilites after he levels up his ult. have them that size and everything just so it doesnt take too much room. have a passive that both use. maybe make it so the pet could die too. and have it so you channel for a second or something to bring it back.

ex for a passive- while pet and champ are alive, both recieve x bonus, if pet dies, champ recieves y bonus. maybe if its ad. have it where x bonus is like attack speed maybe?. while y is bonus damage or something?

just some ground work. gotta start somewhere right? maybe an end game hyper carry like vayne/kog are?

sayidov

11-26-2012

wait, do you mean summoners summoning a summoner that also summons summons?

SilentSymphony

Recruiter

11-26-2012

I doubt that they will ever really implement a true pet wielding champion/summoner class, in most all games they are generally considered skill-less and riot has backed themselves into a corner with the current "Meta"

when really they should be encouraging people to not follow the meta, but like i said, already in the corner.