I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

11-24-2012
54 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtocoL tF View Post
YOU HAVE TO READ THIS GYPSY!!!

I am a die hard fire emblem fan (first US release game)
I am asking and "begging" you to make a champion based off either Nino or Jaffar. I can just imagine Jaffar being in this game. Like Talon and Zed on crack. Please respond to this. That would be a dream of mine and yours

Do it for Nino and Jaffar!!!!
Oh man. Freaking Jaffar. That guy. I LOVED how they built him up in that game. You spend the first half of the game seeing your friends get owned by this guy, then you see him killing EVERYTHING in that "save the prince" mission. At this point you're like, "****, he's like the strongest thing ever," AND THEN YOU GET TO PLAY AS HIM. Felt good man. That was some excellent design and story telling. Hmmmm Jaffar. He's actually a good reference for an assassin character. hrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofster View Post
All that aside. Do you prefer the younger characters like ezreal, middle aged guys like as garen, or older more experienced characters? I've always liked the older character types like the old man from bastion and I feel this is something the league lacks. We need a seasoned soldier, confident but not arrogant, knowledgable, leading the charge tactically but also teaching the younger generation.
I personally like chars like EZ but I agree that another older guy could be cool. You THINK he's weak and then he BEATS the **** OUT OF YOU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastProtagonist View Post
=D!

How's the progress on your champion going? Do you get to decide its skins as well?
She's going well.

I get to give input on the skins, but it's skins team's decision in the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narssisstic View Post
How tolerant is Riot of employees bringing in a cot and sleeping over after pulling long, long nights?
We have a couch at the office. Long nights are fine. CertainlyT does it all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfirez View Post
Just wondering, who were the top names in TF2 when you still played competitive? I'm guessing Jaeger, reptile, etc, so probably not the current top people like TLR or yz50 or b4nny.

Also, what do you think was the main problem preventing the growth of TF2 as an esport? Do you think it was largely a lack of Valve support?

Also, did you know that north american teams recently went over to Europe's i46 LAN and destroyed the europeans?
http://teamfortress.tv/articles/view...-i46-lan-recap
b4nny has been around forever. Back when I played it was people like REP, Reptile, Fragile, Ruwin, Seagull, Purrrre, and carnage. I actually played with Tyrone (back when he was Enoryt) and Mackey (back when he was Cupcakes).

IMO TF2 comp play is stagnant BECAUSE IT'S STAGNANT. Starfox only, no items, final destination. Seriously, anything that comes out (weapons or strategies) that's more powerful than any of the base settings is instantly banned. It's all about sticking to the statusquo. In the end TF2 comp is great for HARDCORE TF2 COMP players, but the people that are going to keep the game alive and provide viewership are the more casual players and it doesn't seem to really appeal to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalfugus77 View Post
Heck yeah, fire emblem! How did you feel about sacred stones compared to the first one? Alot of people didn't seem to like it as much in comparison, albeit I loved it. Also, are there any plans in the works to get back into the more whimsical and varied champions of old? It seems like most of the new champs are dark and matured humanoids. Not that I don't love them, just curious if there's more variety or lightheartedness in the think tank? Lulu was a good mix up.
Sacred Stones was meh. Really didn't like the monster grinding.

Just checked our past releases. You're right. All our champs since Lulu have been pretty grimdark. Could use some more whimsical folks. We've got a few we're looking at. Nami is pretty lighthearted as well.

Timjin

11-24-2012

Would you collaborate with the Parrot on a champion, or do you prefer Morello's dark ways?

paqw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

have you ever played dota or dota2?
what do you think about it?

Xoripan

11-24-2012

It is true that Morello has a dark aura around him that shrivels plants and scares animals?

UglyDoge

11-24-2012

AWWW YISSS FIRE EMBLEM

Sacred Stones was really meh. Then Path of Radiance was great, and then Radiant Dawn was kinda Meh again. Have you played the latter 2? How do you think they measure up?

Genkidesuka

11-24-2012

Dragon Master Swain? Insight?

Its Billy Mays

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
-I'm originally from Alaska. I like climbing rocks, running up mountains, and fighting bears.
Obviously not from Anchorage. People from Anchorage climb stairs, run up Spenard, and fight drunken hobos.

Ravechaosknight

11-24-2012

Quote:

We have a couch at the office. Long nights are fine. CertainlyT does it all the time.
Not really a question, but LOL!

I read this and thought of Darius sprawled on a lounge couch snoozing in full armor. Or like snuggled up to his axe or something. xD CertainlyT OP man, OP! lmao!

Hige

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

Quote:

I like the hexbot resource system. Could use some refining but the basic idea of storing little robots that you use to enhance your spells is pretty cool.

Careful for use pattern mismatches. This guy is ranged but a lot of his spells want people to be right next to him. That's kind of awkers. If he's ranged make sure his spells support that.
Thanks you so much for your review!
I loved the idea of having a champion that became tankier the more you hit him! Kind of like a tank version of trynd's, Olaf's and Karma's Passive! Of course number-wise it'd be tricky but I think it could be done.

Now about pattern mismatches, I think that his place as a Ranged Tank is just controversial in itself... I thought of his kit revolving around him bouncing around with Q, just so he could reposition himself or gain range as well with his ult; same thing for his ranged taunt, it's ranged just so he could use it while attacking, but now that I think about it, at the time the idea for Gonzo popped into my head I had no clue about how much power a ranged character meant... Over time I realized they could just ignore his tank tag, build tons of AD on him and he'd work like a mid-range tanky mobile AD carry :S!!!!!

Do you think there will ever be such a thing as a ranged tank amongst LoL champs?

Capricorneo

11-24-2012

Thoughts on Taric? I play him a lot and I think he's slightly OP + Is his passive being looked at?