I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ashxu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
More badass girls (think Jack from ME2 or Starbuck).
How about we tune it up a notch and have "badass" mean someone like Roberta from Black Lagoon?

http://myanimelist.net/character/2762/Roberta
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iwiRlpL7H4

Warning: the video is pretty violent

EvilPinkamina

11-23-2012

How's life treatin' ya'?

gypsylord

Champion Designer

11-24-2012
52 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnifinity View Post
Is she the one being the last release of this year?
Yup
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohntheMage View Post
@gypsylord

How do you feel about Heimerdinger? I mean the guy has some serious swagger.
I think Heimer is super fun and super unique. I also think he could be super viable if people just understood how to play with him on their team. He's so different though that we'll probably just have to rework him. No one gets how to play with Heimer and if he's ever strong enough to just win without the help of his team he becomes crazy toxic. (Playing against a good Heimer is pretty much the worst thing ever).

Dunno, that's just my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuotedRaven View Post
Hai new friend.

Since you main support it seems, like I do, do you think a cool longed hair male support could fit in with the league if he had a Faustian contract thing going on in his lore? ( Think Black Butler's Sebastian if you've ever seen that )
We could use more male supports in general. The one you suggest could be cool. Also Angus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunal View Post
With the S3 changes, will Riot be immediately re-focused on tuning certain champions after they've gone through?

Would like to see Sejuani get some love, but we've had very little insight as to what Riot feels about her and what direction she should take, at least from the live team.

It's not so much that she's 'bad' -- more-so that her community reputation is very damaged (very difficult to play her without being deemed a 'troll' and whatnot). She's been neglected for a long time now to the stage where the community treats her as a joke (more and more as time goes on). Saddening, but there's possibly hope for things soon perhaps?

I suppose Volibear and Sion are similar -- but their case is a lot less extreme I feel. I can play them comfortably without accusations and stuff. And of course Karma/Heimer have reworks in the making -- so we know what direction they're headed.

You mentioned Sej before a few months back -- just wondering if there's any update on her. Although you're not part of the live team so your guess could be as good as mine. =p
Yeah once season 3 gets out the door live will start focusing on tuning champs again. Big job though. New jungle + new items are going to throw things out of wack. A lot of tuning is going to be needed, and not just on champs like Sej and Voli. I predict Jax and Irelia nerfs (remember I'm not on live, this is just my opinion).

In terms of Sej specifically, live has been looking at her. She's not forgotten. IMO one of her huge problems is that she's just...eh. She's not really "bad", it's just that other champs outclass her and do it in ways that tend to be more fun for the player. You bring her to the team for her cc, tanking, and AoE but she isn't particularly good at any of those things. Her ult is weak compared to Amumu's (Curse is effectively ranged if you land the bandage toss and lasts 2 secs on EVERYONE) and Shy destroys her if you're looking for AoE damage and tankiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyGoNuts View Post
Did you ever play the Quake 3 mod freezedt under the name Gypsy?
nope
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3or3tic View Post
What no Counter strike?
Nope

Timjin

11-24-2012

Quote:

Yup
gypsy, is she the same Heroic Female that Ironstylus was working on? This would be such an amazing combination of talents!

amerricka

11-24-2012

Thoughts on poppy? (Her top mostly.)

gypsylord

Champion Designer

11-24-2012
53 of 65 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
From what I could find left and right, is your legend any or all of those traits :

Obvious :
- Female
- Not Support
- Badass

Hinted
- Short-haired
- Melee
- Top lane-viable
- Mobile
- Not busty
- More armored than average
- Badass

Guesses
- Brown haired
- AD-centric with some slight AP scaling
- Badass

Might as well
- Named Quentin (there are no Q champs right now :/)
- Badass
Man there are some INTERESTING rumors going around about her. I CAN TELL YOU NOTHING.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzabelle View Post
Why do you like the concept character I made (Quinn) -- and why did Riot Iron Stylus figure you would like her?
Because Parrot and I have an understanding and we both understand that Quinn is cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFuzz View Post
So I assume that "badass champion" that morello talked about coming out soon in the female champion attributes (or whatever it was) thread is your champion ?
Ya
Quote:
Originally Posted by YueTsukasa View Post
what do you think of Teemo's power change?
Dont nerf my main T_T
He's crazy OP and is only going to get worse with the season 3 changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberMagus View Post
Hey, so I here Alaska's population is so small you all know each other, so I was wondering if you knew Jeff Slaikeu.
You sure he's not Russian? I can see that place from my back yard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoga Pants OP View Post
howmany bears have you slain?
2 many 2 count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome View Post
Now that Ryze got that Pirate skin, he has more skins than Teemo. How does that make you feel?
Not okay. TEEMO NEEDS MORE SKINS. I want a Draven Teemo where he gets the stache.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Season View Post
Would you be able to make Riot Volty talk to me? I'm doing a new series about champions and I believe getting words from their designers would be very cool. Once I get to your champions I'd like to do the same!
Not sure. He's pretty busy.

Zerglinator

11-24-2012

Quote:
In terms of Sej specifically, live has been looking at her. She's not forgotten. IMO one of her huge problems is that she's just...eh. She's not really "bad", it's just that other champs outclass her and do it in ways that tend to be more fun for the player. You bring her to the team for her cc, tanking, and AoE but she isn't particularly good at any of those things. Her ult is weak compared to Amumu's (Curse is effectively ranged if you land the bandage toss and lasts 2 secs on EVERYONE) and Shy destroys her if you're looking for AoE damage and tankiness.
Good.

CynicalGiant

11-24-2012

How do you feel about Renekton? His late game is rather terrible in comparison to many other tops that are much more threatening than he is. His passive is also somewhat lackluster. Id also love for his W and his E to not be clunky and his Q not to have a really low heal cap on it. I play him constantly and love every minute of it but I can't help feel that he is suffering from the blatant power creep.

Why play him when you can play Darius/Irelia/Jax/Jayce? They each fit the same role that Renekton does and are all very hard to deal with top, even moreso than Renekton is nowadays. Even some high elo Renekton players have agreed with me on this. Will you guys still refuse to touch him?

Invooke

11-24-2012

Did you have anything to do with the new champion, Nami?

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

Gypslord, could you at least reveal her archetype? I'm guess she's not a melee carry and is a fighter (since LoL seems to only make melee carries once every 3 years =p)