Hey Riot, are you ever going to fix champ select?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rainbow BIight

11-24-2012

Champ select in ranked LoL is easily one of the most miserable experiences in all of video games. Are you doing anything to make it less toxic? Probably 60% of champ select there are people fighting over the position they want and two lock in mid. There are no negative repercussions to the people who do this. Someone else on the team has to dodge because they don't want to lose ELO because X420SuperPimpx called mid from last pick and can't comprehend that pick order determines who picks what. My suggestion: In the chat box display a message similar to this, "Please cooperate with your fellow summoners. The order that you pick determines who picks which role. Not cooperating is in violation of the summoners code. If someone on your team decides to violate the summoner's code please submit a screenshot at this link:https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...s_requests/new. Good luck!"

Hey Aqualung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

Would be nice to not lose game before it even starts....

The Best Olaf NA

11-24-2012

Or you be a nice guy and give up your position so that he doesn't pick another mid. Cooperation isn't just on the toxic players it's on you as well. Most people get that after they call something as long as they called it first they should get it. Pick order is just a way for you to go over someone's head. Do you like it when others do the same thing to you? Didn't think so.

thegreatestman

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfitg0d0fwar View Post
Or you be a nice guy and give up your position so that he doesn't pick another mid. Cooperation isn't just on the toxic players it's on you as well. Most people get that after they call something as long as they called it first they should get it. Pick order is just a way for you to go over someone's head. Do you like it when others do the same thing to you? Didn't think so.
And you, sir, are the reason champ select sucks. The problem is NOT with the people playing the game correctly, picking according to the pick order. The problem is with the people who think that "calling" their role is acceptable, or even a real thing. It's fine to say "Top pref" or "mid please," but when first pick takes that role, it's his privilege to do so, because he's top pick. If you want to call roles or you can only play one role, you belong in normal games, where you can instalock like a clown and ignore your team.

Hey Aqualung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfitg0d0fwar View Post
Yeah you are basically the problem.

Hey Aqualung

11-24-2012

Also, this isnt a duscussion about why it sucks, everyone know it sucks. Its about how to fix it.

Jamaree

11-24-2012

I personally play four roles, ADC, top, mid, or support. I make sure to tell my team that I can't jungle, and that jungling will make them lose. At champion select, I ask for mid, top or adc, I don't enjoy supporting, I honestly don't so I don't tell them. However, if I'm last picking, and I get stuck with support, I'm not going to *****, I'm just gonna play. Then again, there really isn't anything Riot can do about that, that is more so the community's fault then the actual programmers.

Fexa09

11-24-2012

I can't verify I am human... ****.

DistilledSkill

11-24-2012

just learn to play every role - at least average and realise you dont care where you go

IS13c7fafe7804f7429d10e

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow BIight View Post
Someone else on the team has to dodge because they don't want to lose ELO because X420SuperPimpx called mid from last pick and can't comprehend that pick order determines who picks what.
Actually, pick order determines who picks when.

And nothing else.

As for fixing it: No problem. Flatten gold scaling across roles and introduce diminishing returns on gold and stats. Suddenly the whole problem is gone, everyone can just pick what they want.
But really, who would want a balanced game? That's boring if everyone is equally useful and important. It's all the same.

So let's just enforce the ideal way to exploit the inherent weaknesses of the game as is. That's "so" much better.

Oh well, dear diary...